Russell Tobin is seeking an Entry Level Banking Operations Analyst to work with a client on a contract to full time opportunity in Salt Lake City, UT
• Build and maintain a strong Business relationship with derivative trading desks and ensure that their queries and requests are appropriately addressed.
• Prepare and review legal documentation of non-standard derivative trade documentation with Trading, Legal and outside counsel.
• Partner with Trading and other Operations teams to provide commentary on legal language and insight for long-term support requirements
• Ensure control measures are in place and applied to support existing and new structured transactions
• Ensure confirmations accurately incorporate the appropriate ISDA Definitions, Supplements and MCAs
• Coordinating with external clients to ensure timely execution of confirmations and resolve all outstanding queries on documentation.
• Participate in enhancement projects with Technology and other Operations colleagues, with an aim to improving scalability and efficiency of the confirmation process.
• Design and initiate process improvements with thorough understanding of template architecture and system flows
• Respond to an ever-evolving regulatory environment by:
o Developing expertise in regulatory requirements and acting as a consultant to translate these regulatory requirements into functional requirements
o Analyzing regulatory compliance data
Preferred candidate will have relevant operations experience, preferably in derivatives. Ideal candidate should have an understanding of derivatives, including the current regulatory environment. Knowledge of current industry focuses and structured transactions a plus.
• Excellent team player, able to work well inside a group and broadly across an organization
• Proven ability to organize and prioritize own workload and drive results
• Familiarity with the firm’s risk and control framework
• Ability to multitask and work in high pressure environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated confidence in communicating in a variety of forums and with varied audiences, including: formal presentations, training sessions, larger meeting venues, and with external/internal clients
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment; able to work independently and as a self-starter, as appropriate
• Attention to detail, particularly with regard to legal language and a sense of urgency in escalating and resolving outstanding issues.
• Demonstrated commitment to quality controls and procedures
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Understanding of the derivatives industry
• Project management experience
• Legal documentation experience
• Experience working with legal counsel and external customers a plus
• BA or BS degree is required; concentration in finance or legal studies a plu