Asset Management (Security) Analyst – Milwaukee, WI
- Must understand the security-relevant portions of doing asset management
- Physical (IP address, location, owner, patch level), Software (what software is on the device, who is keeping it updated), etc.
- NOT an ITSM role for chance processes or ticketing workflows
- Helping to set up asset-management solution and setting up the security relevant parts of it
- Asset management of CMDB – knowing the physical location, operating system, version of anti-virus, etc. All of the critical information about the device and the operator
Responsible for implementing and operating information security capabilities, documenting security policies, processes and standards. Responsible for aligning our asset management capabilities with the NIST CSF standard, proactively managing end-of-life/end-of-support technologies, identifying rogue devices, and verifying device configuration as they are added to the network in order to ensure devices meet information security hardening standards.
• Implement workflows to collect, manage, and analyze security information
• Manage security information for ITAM, SAM
• Monitor reports and security logs
• Develop asset classification criteria
• Assist in execution of network scanning & uses asset identification technology to identify and document assets, including, not limited to:
- End Points
- Portable Devices (including mobile devices)
- IT Infrastructure Components
- Network-connected Medical Devices
- Network-connected Facility Systems
- POS / Payment systems
- Software / Applications
• Develop/implement procedure for validating asset inventory data
• Categorize assets to determine asset risk and prioritize security requirements based on asset risk
• Assist in the development / maintenance of Asset Management Policy, Standards, and Procedures outlining requirements and workflows for asset procurement, commissioning, and de-commissioning as well as for installation, configuration, and ongoing tracking/monitoring of assets
• Implement a formalized asset destruction process
• Collaborate with the Managed Security Service and SOC
• Participate in security investigations and compliance reviews
• Collaborates with other security and infrastructure team members
• BA in Computer Science or related field is required or equivalent acquired through combination of education and experience.
• Working knowledge of / experience using industry leading CMDB / ITSM solutions such as ServiceNow or Remedy.