Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to setup and run all lab measurement equipment.
- Ability to select and use the best software for the job (Calypso, VG StudioMax, etc.).
- Deliver inspection reports per the job request.
- Monitor each system’s performance for accuracy/repeatability issues.
- Peer review job results with colleagues.
- Assist Site Manager with quoting as necessary.
- Works safely – especially as it relates to radiation safety.
- Job requirement review with Site Manager prior to job start.
- Results review with customer (within 2 days of job completion – if possible).
- Prepare, submit and save a copy of proof of delivery (POD) to network drive.
- Help drive productivity by consistently and effectively utilizing productivity tools (e.g., quick-change tooling and fixturing, off-line programming, MCC and PiWeb, etc.).
Experience and Education Requirements:
- A four-year degree in Engineering, Math or Physics. Alternatively, 5 years of experience in the Metrology industry.
- Calypso Software experience is a plus.
- Ability to read engineering drawings for dimensional control requirements.
- Ability to operate all types of measuring machines including programming using custom application software; setup and staging of parts; accuracy and replication verification; etc.
- Strong computer skills and affinity for computer-aided data analysis products.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills with the ability to learn to independently find solutions to potential customer’s problems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with an ability to create concise technical reports.
- Ability to reason and negotiate complex problems with customers.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and eagerness to be a part of a high-performance, fast-growing segment
Working Conditions and Special Demands:
- Ability to lift 50lbs from floor to table height.
- Ability to work flexible hours (nights and weekends).
- Must be a team player across the organization.
Ability and willingness to travel in the USA and internationally (Up to 50%).