If you have a passion for accessibility, understand and can use assistive technology across multiple platforms, can audit for and triage accessibility bugs, have worked closely with both engineering and QA teams, love being the voice of the user and want to impact the lives of hundreds of millions of users globally, this is the role for you!
As a Technical Specialist for Accessibility you are responsible for operational support of the accessibility program. You will work closely with program leads, QA, engineering and many other cross-functional partners in supporting our efforts to build an inclusive platform and company. You must have the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and be excited to operate independently in a fast-paced and growing environment.
- Become a technical expert of accessibility features and support within multiple products for all platforms
- Support partner teams and organizations by providing detailed accessibility information and solutions to common issues
- Monitor user feedback and bugs submitted through various channels
- Investigate, reproduce, triage, monitor and escalate accessibility related issues within products on all platforms
- Support our QA team by reviewing test plans, providing guidance and handling escalations
- Create reports and maintain dashboards covering our accessibility bug backlog
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience working within the accessibility space
- 2+ years of experience testing or auditing for accessibility issues
- Thorough understanding of accessibility standards and guidelines like WCAG, ARIA, Section 508
- Advanced level of assistive technology usage across multiple platforms (desktop, mobile web, native apps)
- Experience with analyzing data and defining metrics to drive business decisions
- Experience working with remote teams across different time zones
- IAAP certification