Russ Davis Wholesale has an immediate opening for a CDL Class A Driver in the Johnson Creek area. This driver’s potential coverage location: 1. Milwaukee area. 2. Madison, Janesville, Fort Atkinson, Lake Mills area. 3. Possible runs to Chicago. Russ Davis is growing rapidly and seeking individuals that are reliable, self-motivated, and dedicated to quality and customer service who hold a valid Class A license for dedicated routes. Position is assigned to our La Crosse, WI Distribution Center.
Get Crazy with your career! Join our team and grow with Russ Davis Wholesale!
· 100 % Employee-owned - Great Retirement (ESOP Plan)!
· Excellent Compensation - Standard base + mileage pay + potential backhaul pay
· Great Benefit Packages – Medical/Dental, Vision Reimbursement, Short & Long-Term Disability, Flex Spending Plans, Employee Assistance Program
· Company Paid Basic Life & AD&D
· Weekly Payroll – Direct Deposit
· Company Paid Holidays
· Paid Time Off (PTO) – starts on Day 1!
· Company Paid Uniforms
Work schedule range: 5 days. Possible work schedule Mon-Sat
Coverage location possibilities: 1. Milwaukee area. 2. Madison, Janesville, Fort Atkinson, Lake Mills area. 3. Possible runs to Chicago.
Pay: $170/day, plus .14/mile, $100 weekend incentive pay, and potential backhaul pay.
· Deliver and unload products utilizing equipment, including tractor trailer, ramps, lift gates, pallet jacks, load bars, and other devices with assist delivery.
· Check order for correct number of boxes and items at delivery.
· Responsible for reviewing paperwork for completeness and accuracy.
· Ensure excellent customer service and customer relations. Always communicate professionally with customer and vendors. Communicate any problems immediately to the Dispatcher or Transportation Manager.
· Ensure customer orders arrive in quality condition and correspond precisely to the initial order.
· Operate vehicle safely within RDW guidelines minimizing accidents, traffic violations and complaints from the public.
· Report any accidents/incidents immediately to the Transportation Manager.
· Perform pre and post trip inspection of assigned vehicle utilizing knowledge of safe and effective loading and handling procedures.
· Complete accurate trip logs.
· Comply with FMCSA regulations.
· Keep vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure. Report any defects or issues promptly. Vehicles will be kept clean inside and out.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
· Valid Medical card as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier Association
· Valid Class A License
· Knowledge of DOT laws and mandates
· Must be registered with the Clearinghouse
· Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks)
· Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends & holidays
· Be able to work in a team environment.
· Effective verbal & written communication skills
· Solid understanding of receiving and shipping functions
· Excellent Time Management skills
· Must have an acceptable driving record.
· Ability to lift 35 – 50lbs
· Ability to operate pallet jack (manual and electric)
Join our team today!