Registered Nurse 2- Oncology - 14 W Tower - Nights -12 hour shifts
14 West Tower - Oncology
Active Regular FT (72 to 80 hours per pay period)
Registered Nurse 2 - 14 West Tower - Oncology
Are you an experienced RN, who is passionate about bringing your expertise to a Medical Oncology Unit?
If so, you are the right candidate for our RN 2 position in 14 West Tower!
- 32 Bed Medical and Surgical Oncology Unit
- The unit provides multidisciplinary team focus to manage complex medical and surgical oncology patient populations.
- Supportive leadership and staff; preceptor orientation provided
- Staff nursing opportunities to participate in research, teaching and other activities for professional development
- The RN II is a competent nurse who has mastered technical skills.
- The RN II identifies patterns of patient responses and can use past experiences to implement solutions for current situations.
- The RN II exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures
- Evidence Based Interventions - Participates in the collection of data to support unit based quality, initiative, research and evidence based activities.
- Relationship and Caring - Establishes a caring, therapeutic relationship with patients and families through effective communication, acknowledgement of patient/family perceptions of health and illness and mutual goal setting of optimal outcomes.
- Critical Thinking - Utilizes competent assessment skills to holistically evaluate the physical and psychosocial needs of the patients and families.
- Technical Expertise - Demonstrates consistent safe and effective use of medical devices in the delivery of patient care.
- Leadership - Demonstrates the ability to provide education to staff and students on the unit.
- Current State of Illinois Registered Nurse Licensure or Temporary Licensure.
- BSN (or higher) required.
- Current CPR certification required. ( American Heart Association or American Red Cross)
- At least 1-2 years of RN experience in an acute care hospital setting required.
- Previous experience with Oncology patients preferred.
- Chemotherapy certification strongly preferred
- Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care.
- Rush University Medical Center is a four-time Magnet facility, the highest recognition given for nursing excellence. Rush was also the first hospital in Illinois serving adults and children to receive Magnet status.
- Rush was ranked #1 Best Hospital in Illinois for Nurses in 2017 by Nurse.org.
- Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 664 licensed beds.
- Rush offers a competitive salary, and valuable healthy living benefits including: health, dental and vision to help you maintain and improve your health. Rush also offers several ways to invest in your future.