Come be a part of our growing team! Per-Diem Radiology Technician needed for Ambulatory Surgery Center within the Rush Medical Center complex.
Basic Function: The Registered Radiology Technician is responsible for the administration of ionizing radiation to patients for diagnostic purposes. Also fulfills the goals and contributes to the overall purpose and objectives of the surgery center.
Licenses or Certificates: Registered Radiology Technologist
Total education, vocational training and experience: High school graduate or equivalent. Completion of accredited radiology program/ARRT registered. Basic Cardiopulmonary Life Support course completion.
Skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of inventory/stock procedures.
- Demonstrated skill on computer input and personal computer operation.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Alert to detail.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry articles 50 pounds or over.
- Knowledgeable of equipment set-up.
- Knowledge of x-ray equipment.
- Responsible for the radiology department.
- Obtains the highest quality of work with concern for patient safety and comfort.
- Operates imaging equipment and performs diagnostic x-rays as applicable on patients as ordered by physician.
- Applies principles of radiation protection.
- Evaluates radiographs for technical quality.
- Calculates and regulates equipment using established techniques and personal experience.
- Assists physician with imaging procedures.
- Operates mobile x-ray equipment.
- Operates radiologic equipment in operating room.
- Maintains safe, orderly work area and practices using safety factors.
- Controls inventory and purchase of supplies in assigned area.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of field using continuing education and inservice.
- Participates in the performance improvement process and activities including the areas of safety, infection control, patient satisfaction, physician satisfaction, documentation, compliance with OSHA standards and risk management.
- Demonstrates appropriate awareness of age specific development needs for the population served as it is related to the performance of department duties.
- Attends and participates in all applicable surgery center training and development workshops scheduled by the Organization.
- Maintains work area and equipment in an orderly manner.
- Maintains dress and appearance according to standards as observed by management.
- Strives to be professional, courteous, helpful and cooperative.