Director of Nursing and Clinical Support
I. Position Summary:
The Director of Nursing and Clinical Support (DONCS) is responsible for the development, coordination, and integration of quality of care management activities to support the mission of the Rural Health Services, Inc. The DONCS will routinely coordinate actions with and seek information from a diverse group of external and internal customers at all levels of the organization. The DONCS will have an in depth knowledge and detailed understanding of system design, re-engineering, project management, quality improvement, outcomes measurement and statistical analysis to support programmatic strategies and organizational goals. The DONCS will provide and promote quality service in a patient/family centered environment throughout the continuum of care and demonstrate commitment to the highest standards of clinical outcomes, operational support systems, customer service and ethical behavior. The DONCS will be responsible for obtaining Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) certification and provide leadership supporting the improvement of the Patient Centered Medical Home using team based care to achieve improved health outcomes as well as improved patient experiences.
II. Essential Functions/Responsibilities:
• Develop organizational programs, policies and procedures to assess, evaluate and meet the needs of the patients, their families and the agency.
• Implement clinical nursing standards and review and/or update annually
• Provide leadership through staff development and interpreting nursing philosophies and standards of care; enforcing adherence to state board of nursing and State Nurse Practice Act requirements and to other regulations; measuring health outcomes against standards and acting on results
• Address cultural practices as it relates to medical treatment
• Propose and update policies and procedures to minimize risk
• Initiate and participate in problem solving
• Coordinate services between Rural Health Services departments relative to site management and quality improvement
• Implement and review HIPAA and accreditation policies and procedures
• Ensure environment of care standards are implemented, reviewed and updated annually
• Supervise clinical support and laboratory services.
• At request of Chief Executive Officer, the DONCS attends Board meetings and participates with the Board of Directors, management and clinical chiefs in the organization decision making process.
• Plan and recommend to the Chief Medical Officer and /or Chief Executive Officer new equipment, facility modifications and procedural changes in policies and procedures to support quality of care and accreditation standards
• Serve as a member or chairperson of professional staff committees in matters pertaining to quality, patient care and environment of care
• Plan and coordinate with Executive Management Team in planning budget requirements for nursing and clinical supports personnel, supplies and equipment
• Develop and implement programs to promote the recruitment, retention and continuing education and mentorship of nursing and clinical support staff
• Coordinates the quality improvement activities of the organization
• Implement an effective, ongoing Quality Improvement program to measure, assess and improve the quality of care delivered patients
• Coordinate an annual review of nursing and clinical support personnel performance and ensure competencies are tested
• Address patient complaints and collaborate with department directors to assure appropriate follow up to address the concern
• Assist the organization in obtaining accreditation status
• Analyze patient and staff satisfaction surveys and act on appropriate recommendations with the support of management
• Co-Chair the Quality Assurance/Improvement Committee and assures an organization wide approach to design, measure, analysis and improvement processes
• Establish programs, policies and procedures to facilitate a safe, functional and effective environment for patients, staff and others regarding OSHA, CDC and licensing standards.
• Chair the Infection Control and Safety Committee
• Trend work related injuries and report quarterly to the Infection Control and Safety Committee
• Attend annual OSHA seminars and other safety risk management seminars as appropriate
• Provide infection control education to staff during orientation process and annually
• Ensure compliance to safety, fire prevention, utility, medical equipment, security, HazMat, Emergency Response, Infection Control plans and update annually
• Performs other duties as required and/or directed
• Ability to acquire considerable knowledge of the policies, procedures and programs.
• The ability to communicate and relate effectively with the public, the patients, and the staff of the site. The ability to work in a team relationship.
• Knowledge or experience in information privacy laws, access, release of information, and release control technologies.
• Knowledge in and the ability to apply the principles of Health Information Management (HIM), project management and change management to ensure maintenance of essential records and files.
• Demonstrated organization, facilitation, communication, and presentation skills.
• Minimum of three years experience required in an organization with strong administrative duties in a health care institution such as a hospital, ambulatory care facility, nursing home, health maintenance organization or group medical practice.
IV. Education Required:
• The Director of Nursing and Clinical Support should be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• A valid state RN license and CPR certification.
• Two or more years of supervisor experience as a Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing equivalent.
V. Other Comments:
• Ability to comprehend, interpret and apply basic laws and regulations to specific situations.
• The ability to effectively use required office machines, including personal computers.
• Ability to assist in root-cause analysis and make effective recommendations as required.
• Ability to prepare clear, sound, accurate and informative reports containing findings, conclusions and recommendations as required.
Rural Health Services IncAiken, SC
HealthcareView All Rural Health Services Inc Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.