Behavioral Health Consult. / Perinatal Coord.
Rural Health Services Inc Aiken, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CONSULTANT / PERINATAL COORDINATOR
I. Position Summary:
The Behavioral Health Consultant/ Perinatal Coordinator (BHC/PC) provides a consistent milieu of assessment, direct care and therapeutic intervention counseling to Obstetrics and Gynecologic (OB/GYN) patients experiencing social, emotional or medical difficulties. Provides assessments, screenings and therapeutic behavioral interventions to patients presenting with substance use disorders, such as opioid, illicit drug and alcohol use. The BHC/PC participates as a team member in the development and facilitation of the individual treatment and behavior modification plan as appropriate. The BHC/PC actively participates in activities that support the improvement of the Patient Centered Medical Home using team based care to achieve improved health outcomes as well as improved patient experiences.
II. Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
• Develops a rapport with patients striving to build a patient partnership that facilitates marked familiarity with patients' medical and treatment history, care needs, and psychosocial factors as a means to manage patient's risk factors and improve patient outcomes.
• Actively utilizes a strong provider network of behavioral health supports able to meet the needs of RHS patients in all areas served.
• Routinely screens OB/GYN patients utilizing screening tools such as the PHQ9, SBIRT and Edinburgh
• Assesses patients as requested by primary care providers, participates in the diagnosis process for behavioral health presentations or issues and refers individuals for specialty consultation or treatment in conformance with approved protocols and guidelines. Assesses emergencies as appropriate with recommendations for treatment.
• Records actions and interventions in the patient record accurately and completely reflecting the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care or treatment provided or recommended.
• Educates patients and family in the nature of behavioral health related conditions and in the general promotion of positive and supportive lifestyles.
• Assists the Patient Care coordinator with High Risk patient care coordination
• Serves on assigned committees
• Assists with the preparation of reports on Behavioral Health department issues, concerns, program status, initiatives with the Behavior Health Program Manager
• Assists in the provision of continuing education, on-the-job training, and the orientation of RHS staff as requested.
• Utilizes appropriate Behavioral Health policies, protocols and procedures which are in compliance
with the most current accepted professional standards. Collaborates with management staff to ensure smooth operation of behavior health services.
• Assistance in the provision of technical assistance and health education in the community.
• Assist in the preparation of an operating budget for the Behavioral Health Department and oversees compliance with same. May assist in the preparation of special grant and project budgets as required to meet the goals of the organization.
• Provides services as delineated in the RHS behavioral health plan.
• Assists the Hospital Services Specialist with OB/GYN hospital services scheduling and data entry
• Responsible for full compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing behavioral health and the clinical provision of behavioral health care as well as those relating to, but not limited to, personnel issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
• Ensures the proper and effective implementation of all quality assurance initiatives related to behavioral health services.
• Participates in the Health Promotion/Disease Prevention activities required by the U. S. Public Health Services.
• Refers patients to Social Services and Community Services as appropriate
• Ensures an appropriate environment for the administration of behavioral health services by keeping all equipment and work areas in a clean, safe, and orderly fashion.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• The ability to analyze complex information and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• The ability to set priorities and to make decisions on care programs and behavioral health issues.
• Requires a comprehensive knowledge of primary care in a community health setting
• Must be able to creatively work with other health care professionals from a variety of disciplines to achieve maximal productivity and programmatic effectiveness while continuously promoting the growth and development of fellow professionals, exercising appropriate control and displaying good work judgement.
• Personal and professional qualities, which will permit the Behavioral Health Consultant to work with the staff of the health care center in such a manner as to earn their confidence and respect.
• Degree in Counseling or Psychology or a related field of study.
• Minimum of two (2) years of healthcare experience preferred
• Ability to be clinically fluent in Spanish preferred
• Current CPR (BLS)
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required and the responsibilities of the position may change.
Rural Health Services Inc
HealthcareView all jobs at Rural Health Services Inc