Industrial Roll Off Drivers are responsible for safely operating a heavy-duty industrial truck while providing superior customer service through the delivery and removal of containers or compactors to disposal sites, transfer stations, and customer locations. Drivers navigate congested streets, confined areas, and industrial work sites while ensuring his or her vehicle remains in compliance with state and federal regulations, as well as company standards. Driver will enter/exit truck several times per day and may be required to climb to hook/unhook containers, move items to smooth the load, and to secure tarps.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspection of vehicle, documenting and reporting any mechanical or safety issues.
- Operates vehicle in a safe manner in compliance with OSHA and DOT requirements, all local, state, and federal laws, and Rumpke policies.
- Provides roll off delivery and removal services to customers on assigned route(s) or by work order.
- Courteously interacts with customers, both internal and external, ensuring customers are serviced in a professional and timely manner.
- Reports service issues, such as blocked alleyways, over-weight containers, safety hazards, or impassable streets, to Dispatcher.
- Reports any necessary container repairs or replacements to Dispatcher.
- Immediately notifies Route Manager or Dispatcher of any accidents, injuries, or property damage.
- Maintains and updates route sheets and driver logs.
- Attends scheduled safety meetings, information sessions, and trainings as directed by Route Manager.
- Performs other duties assigned by Route Manager or Dispatcher.
Knowledge and Skills
- Customer service oriented with desire to meet and exceed expectations.
- Professional, courteous, and trustworthy while maintaining a sense of pride in work.
- Time management skills to ensure duties are completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Willingness to adhere to Rumpke polices and safety standards.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and perform physical requirements including repetitive lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand a map.
- Excellent truck driving/maneuvering skills.
- Minimum 3 years CDL truck driving experience.
- 21 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Currently hold a Class A or Class B Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
- Currently hold a valid DOT Medical Card or can obtain prior to hire
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
- Possible exposure to high traffic conditions while outside the vehicle.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.