Campbell, Silicon Valley, San Francisco Bay Area · Full Time
Named by Bloomberg as one of the 50 Most Promising Startups in 2017 and Forbes as top 50 AI company in 2019, Rulai is a team of proven researchers, engineers and product managers with extensive track records in AI development. Our team members have unique expertise, building AI platforms and technologies for Facebook, Google, Microsoft, IBM, Baidu and Alibaba as well as leading award-winning academic research. Collectively, we have made pioneering contributions to natural language processing, deep learning and personalized recommendation systems. We are backed by top tier VCs.
This role is a combination of sales engineer, solution architect and technical support. You will be the primary technical resource for our Sales team taking a consultative approach with our customers, identifying pain points and driving technical alignment between customer needs and the Rulai AI product. You will serve as a product and industry expert, effectively describing and demonstrating our solution as well as promoting our vision and approach. You will be a trusted point of contact for our customers while advancing the sales process. As the technical expert, you will work with clients to understand their requirements and design the right solution for their business needs. At the same time, you will be a liaison to the engineering team to drive the direction of the product. By combining your personality with your technical knowledge, you can be an unmitigated success.
● Import existing client knowledge data and artifacts
● Implement actions/API, integrate data flow paths and database integrations
● Build, design, integrate Rulai’s SaaS solution into customer’s enterprise backend, such as CRM, ERP etc.
● Build, design, integrate Rulai’s SaaS solution with various customer facing channels, such as WhatsApp, SMS etc.
● Work closely with the Platform Engineering team to ensure smooth prospect-to-customer transitions and long-term customer success
● Contribute to both the solution delivery team and platform engineering team to turn the learning/best practices into Rulai’s core product
● Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
● Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
● Experienced writing multi-threaded programs requiring concurrency and synchronization primitives
● Write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
● Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
● Proficient with either Java or Python, ideally both, experience with vue or react.js a plus
● Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
● Possess good communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
● Experienced debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software
● Experience with database systems internals a plus
● Experience with contact center software such as Genesys, Avaya a big plus
● Experience with CRM software such as Safesforce, Zendesk a big plus
Silicon Valley-based Rulai delivers AI virtual customer assistance that reduces sales and support costs, increases sales conversion rates and improves customer experience with quick, always-available, chat-and SMS-based, human-like conversational engagement. These smart agents, driven by Rulai Natural Language Understanding (NLU) and Deep Learning technologies, enable brands to handle their growing customer interaction volume faster and more efficiently by answering customer questions, completing tasks and learning from live agent<>customer interaction. Rulai Virtual Assistance complements live support with seamless escalation to human agents when desired or required for more complex issue resolution. Rulai solutions are developed and supported by a team of award-winning computer scientists and engineers widely considered to be among the world’s leading experts in the field of Machine Learning.
Like a typical Silicon Valley start-up’s, we are made of a group of highly motivated and smart/creative talents. We enjoy solving challenging and meaningful problems(the really hard ones). We take great pride in building our product and enabling our customers for greater success in doing their businesses. Together as a team, we are poised to disrupt the enterprise customer service space and hence serve consumers like you to have a much smoother and enjoyable customer service experience.
Last but not least, we also offer some nice perks such as free happy Friday lunches and drinks(our kitchen is regularly stocked with cool snacks and beverage), a massage chair in office, paid time off, 401k and good medical/dental benefits.