Government Contract Program Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact? At Rugged Science, we're helping the world's most innovative organizations push powerful new computer technology into ever more challenging environments. Our mission is to make trusted, ultra-reliable computer hardware platforms that continuously execute mission-critical applications in the toughest environments around the world.
Rugged Science is seeking an experienced Program Manager who will be responsible for managing the company’s contractual program portfolio in the areas of machinery controls systems, combat systems, and human machine interfaces. The candidate will be responsible for understanding the customer’s needs and creating and managing medium-to-large scale defense industry programs that meet those needs via project-based milestones.
· Primary responsibility for organization, implementation, management, and execution of defense-related programs and engineering qualification testing schedules
· Secondary responsibility for assistance in proposal development and contract execution.
· Tertiary responsibility to assist with the preparation and administration of program management budgets, business plans and metrics
• Plan, coordinate, and manage defense-related small, medium, and large-scale projects and programs
• Ensure requirements are gathered, documented, reviewed, and approved per organizational/program standards
• Create project management plans, set expectations, and ensure plans are driven by organizational procedures
• Create a work breakdown structure defining all activities required for project deliverables
• Integrate all functions and activities necessary to ensure the project/program meets client/customer requirements
• Direct project team members, manage cost and schedule, ensure contract compliance, and serve as customer interface
• Manage technical aspects, costs, and schedule of assigned tasks or functions
• Provide strong, proactive, and assertive leadership while engaging multi-discipline teams and responding to business needs
• Make decisions at the project team-level and properly escalate issues that cannot be resolved timely
• Ensure projects are delivered on-time, within budget, and remain in scope; monitor and track project dependencies
• Manage project budget - maintain financial plan, track actuals vs. plan, provide monthly forecasts, report monthly accruals
• Create/deliver high-quality, informative, written/verbal project communications, including weekly project status, dashboards, and updates
• Actively monitor, track, and manage project tasks, timelines, attainment of established milestones, and overall project quality
• Experience with business management and development
• Experience with management and execution of milestone-driven advanced hardware and prototype development programs including System Requirements Review, System Functional Reviews, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, System Incremental Review, Test Readiness Review, Production Readiness Review, System Verification Review, and Final Configuration Audit.
• Proven ability to build and maintain lasting customer relationships, partnerships, and external stakeholder networks
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar project management tool
• BS degree in engineering/technology field and prior relevant experience
• Experience with identifying technology gaps and developing future technologies with the Navy and other services.
• Degree in Systems Engineering or similar
• Project Management Professional (PMP) + degree
• 6+ years of relevant experience
Rugged ScienceWhy Work Here?
Join a growing team focused on providing cutting edge tech to numerous market segments including Autonomous vehicles, robots, and more.
Rugged Science is an OEM Manufacturer of Rugged Computer Systems for the Department of Defense and the Industrial market. Rugged was started in December 2013 and has experienced tremendous growth each year. Rugged provides modified COTS products and custom designs to our military and industrial customers. All Rugged products are developed, designed and manufactured in-house. www.RuggedScience.com
47 Loveton CircleBaltimore, MD
Get fresh Manager Government Contracts jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.