- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ruggable is a Los Angeles-based, venture-backed, rapidly growing e-commerce startup that is disrupting the $7B rug industry and revolutionizing the market for residential rugs. Our patented 2-Piece Rug System allows you to remove the top layer of your rug and wash it in your home washing machine, offering an affordable, stylish and convenient solution for young families, pet owners, and busy individuals. We're a small, entrepreneurial team with big ambitions. We have a strong brand, established traction, and amazing advisors fueling our steady growth. This is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor and solve for complex challenges, while charting your own career.
As Ruggable continues its rapid growth, we are exploring new partnerships, scaling up our operations, and building out our core teams. The Associate Counsel will join Ruggable as its sixth in-house lawyer (reporting to the Assistant General Counsel), where the sky is the limit for job growth. You will establish relationships across the company and support all functional teams with their legal needs. You will create internal processes, manage outside counsel, and support the Legal Team on a range of legal matters.
What You'll Do:
- Provide day-to-day legal support and legal advice to internal business teams on relevant commercial and legal matters
- Structure, draft and negotiate a high volume of commercial agreements (e.g., procurement contracts, professional services agreements, software agreements, marketing agreements, real estate leases), both independently and in collaboration with the Commercial Counsel and Assistant General Counsels
- Collaborate with the Assistant General Counsels in ensuring the Company's compliance with all applicable privacy laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and state and federal consumer protection and privacy laws
- Collaborate with the Assistant General Counsels in supporting the Company's global IP strategy
- Improve our legal processes to help us scale globally
- Support the Legal Team with all other legal matters
- Manage outside counsel
What You'll Need to Have:
- Qualified attorney and Member of the California Bar (in good standing) or eligible to register as California Registered In-House Counsel
- 3+ years of experience working in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Expertise in structuring, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to provide quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice while properly balancing risks and business reward
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a self-starter with an eagerness to build and grow relationships
- Ability to manage workloads, multiple demands, and shifting priorities
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, rapidly-growing workplace
- Desire to grow, learn on the job and expand skill set
- Experience working in the technology/e-commerce sectors is a plus
At Ruggable, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Ruggable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We proudly recruit and hire a diverse workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
To all recruitment agencies: Ruggable does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ruggable employees or any other company destination. Ruggable is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
LegalView all jobs at Ruggable