Ruby's Place, a 48 year old non-profit specializing in helping those who have been affected by human trafficking, domestic violence and violent crimes is looking for a Psychiatrist to join our Trauma Recover Center team. Trauma Recovery Center (TRC) is a program model developed by UCSF that was the first of its kind in California. It is designed to help victims of violent crime overcome barriers to accessing mental health treatment, health care, and legal resources in the acute aftermath of trauma. The TRC serves recent victims of violent crime, including survivors of physical assault, sexual assault, gun shot wounds, stabbings, domestic violence and human trafficking. This position is for a part-time board certified psychiatrist at the Ruby’s Place TRC. Under the supervision of the TRC Coordinator and Director of Clinical Services, the Psychiatrist will provide mental health consultation and direct psychiatric assessment and brief treatment to adult patients with acute and chronic trauma, medical illnesses and complex psychiatric and psychosocial problems at the TRC for 10 hours/week.
The TRC psychiatrist will have State of California Medical Board Licensure, DEA Certification and experience working with trauma survivors from underserved populations, including young people of color, people who are homeless and/or chronically mentally ill, people from immigrant and refugee groups, and LGBTQ people. People of color and ethnic minorities are encouraged to apply. Bilingual Spanish preferred
HOURS OF WORK:
The hours of work are part-time, 10 hours per week. The Psychiatrist must be available to respond to any other unforeseen circumstances or emergencies. Due to COVID-19 this position is remote until January 2021.
SALARY: $200-$225 per hour
Clinical Intervention, Consultation, Psychotherapy, Liaison, Outreach and Case Management :
1. Conducts clinical assessments for new clients, using a trauma-informed approach to care.
2. Provides medication management to ongoing clients.
3. Liaisons with TRC mental health clinicians to discuss possible referrals and provide a team approach to client care.
4. May visit client at home and/or in the community for the purpose of outreach and follow-up if the client is unable to keep regularly scheduled appointments.
5. Caseload consists of complex clients, all of whom have histories of trauma, including acute and chronic physical and sexual abuse, and are victims of interpersonal violence such as sexual assault, physical assault, domestic violence, gunshot wounds, political torture, and immigration trauma. Many clients also have concurrent medical problems, psychosocial problems, and may have substance abuse problems as well.
6. Works with primary care providers to continue medications as needed for clients terminating from TRC clinical care who are still in need of medication.
7. Works in partnership with clients’ primary TRC clinicians to help eligibilize clients for financial entitlements as needed.
8. Attends and co-facilitates weekly multidisciplinary intake team meetings; consults on medical aspects of client presentation and helps identify when referral to psychiatric assessment may be appropriate.
9. Consults with clinical team on high-risk clients
Clinical Supervision, Teaching, Training, and Program Development:
1. May provide supervision to medical students and/or clinical interns.
2. Participates in in-service trainings and case conferences.
3. May assist with program development, including identification and implementation of types of appropriate measurement-guided mental health treatment.
Ability to communicate and write business correspondence, reports and applications. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups and individuals.
Ruby’s Place is committed to the implementation of an Affirmative Action Policy and the Americans with Disability Policy in its recruitment, selection and placement of all personnel and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Why Work Here?
Great diverse team, room for growth, great benefits and employee development
Castro Valley, CA