Intake Coordinator - Housing
Ruby's Place Oakland, CA
- Posted: 29 days ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision
RUBY’S PLACE, INC.
JOB TITLE: Intake Coordinator (Housing/Outreach)
REPORTS TO: Housing Program Manager
WORK AREA: Oakland Family Justice Center Clients’ Homes
HOURS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
The purpose of the Housing Intake Coordinator is to support survivors of Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking to access and provide referral services to transitional and permanent housing. The Case Manager helps each client with an introduction to the Housing Program, assists in application and gathering of documentation needed and required for approval. The Case Manager will coordinate with other agencies working with client to make sure client goals are being met and will advocate for client with both government and community agencies to ensure client receives appropriate resources and support. Case Manager will also work with law enforcement to advocate on behalf of client when needed.
The Intake Coordinator must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services or in a related field and/or have equivalent years of experience. At least two years of that experience shall be in housing case management, crisis intervention, and/or peer counseling. Bilingual Spanish is highly preferred. Previous work in a domestic violence, human trafficking and/or homeless setting providing direct services is preferred. The Intake Coordinator should understand the dynamics of trauma-informed care, as well as an understanding of, and sensitivity to, serving diverse populations as it relates to family dynamics and other aspects of cultural practice. Must be flexible, proactive and open to learning. Must also possess a thorough knowledge of housing agencies and fair housing regulations and/or programs that offer services to our clients. The State mandated 40-hour Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking counselor certification is required (this can be scheduled after hire). Must possess a motor vehicle and valid CA Driver’s License, proof of insurance, and be approved by Ruby’s Place insurance as a driver. Background check required.
HOURS OF WORK: The hours of work are full-time, 40-hours per week, with a flexible schedule that can include evenings and weekends.
Rate Premium: TBD (bilingual pay premium available).
Client Service Duties:
1. Provide emotional support, wrap-around case management, advocacy, resource information and referrals for clients.
2. Assess clients’ overall needs once they are referred to the housing program. Create a set of goals, led by the client.
3. Assist clients in the gathering and organizing of required documentation.
4. Assist clients with application processes.
5. Liaise with county Social Services Administration for cases – Have knowledge of MediCal, CalFresh, CalWorks programs and eligibility requirements
6. Work with community partners around various resources (legal, family, cultural, etc.) for eligible clients.
7. Work with local, state and federal law enforcement to assist clients with ongoing cases.
8. Offer and refer clients to the Trauma Recover Center for counseling, substance abuse support or psychiatric referrals.
9. Transport clients to and from legal, social services and other case management related appointments depending on client’s accompaniment wishes.
10. Collaborate with community partners regarding outreach events.
11. Collaborate with Housing case managers, housing navigator, housing case managers and housing program manager.
12. Coordinate closely with Outreach programme to receive client referrals.
13. Participate in housing program meetings.
14. Provide confidential, holistic, client-centered, trauma-informed services.
15. Maintain confidentiality and organized record/note keeping.
1. Attend on-going education and trainings: 2-3 trainings per year.
2. Assist with general case management duties when needed.
3. Actively participate in reflective supervision.
4. Other duties as assigned by the Housing Program Manager
5. Participate in all staff agency meetings.
6. Fill out functional timesheet by assigned due dates and in compliance with the time allocations.
This role will be eligible for hybrid remote/in-person out of the Oakland Family Justice Center. The extent of remote work will be determined by business needs. Time spent on-site versus remote working will be discussed and agreed upon with manager. The staff member is expected to be available on-site at the Family Justice Center as necessary given business needs. Some local driving is required. Must be able to multitask and handle stress. Frequent interaction with staff, colleagues, donors, service providers, Board of Directors and the community in general.
Ruby’s place is committed to the implementation of an Affirmative Action Policy and the Americans with Disability Policy in its recruitment selection and placement of all personnel and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
I have read and understood this job description I agree to accept the responsibilities and duties as outlined.
YOU ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE A MANDATED REPORTER TO ADULT AND CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES.
NO SERVICES MAY BE RENDERED FOR CLIENTS AT ANY TIME WHETHER DURING NORMAL WORKING HOURS OR AFTER HOURS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL A CLIENT OR THEIR FAMILY ENGAGE YOU FOR PERSONAL SERVICE.
Ruby's PlaceWhy Work Here?
Great diverse team, room for growth, great benefits and employee development
Our agency philosophy is built on having a strong healthy team to provide the best experience for clients in our care. We believe quality work starts with a program that is client-centered and built on trauma informed care. We have voluntary services coupled with the intentional care of our staff for a holistic approach.
470 27th StOakland, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Ruby's Place