- Posted: over a month ago
About Ruby Company
Est. in 1966, The Ruby Company is a national produce, distribution, and supply company that builds partnerships between growers and commercial purchasers to deliver the best product consistently and with integrity.
We believe in an ethical and transparent business model in which we have skin in the game, investing not only in our team and capabilities, but in the relationships, we build with our customers and growers. Since opening our doors, we have built a strong reputation through performance and relationships. We are searching for motivated, hard-working, and driven individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our fast-growing team. Don’t just take any job, build your professional career right here at The Ruby Company.
About the Team
The Business Intelligence team is a newly developed department within the organization focused on servicing and adding value both internally and externally by leveraging data and analytics. We believe that servicing our customers is the lifeblood of our brand and what differentiates us from our competition. We are currently looking for candidates who share our vision and passion for success through hard work and best-in-class execution. We value each member of the team and prioritize culture that brings out the best in our team. We have a casual dress code, open door policy as well as an energetic, friendly and supportive work environment.
As Category Analyst you will act as an interface between sales, marketing, business development, and strategic accounts by leveraging analytics and research to develop category management/strategic solutions that drive profitability and category growth. This individual is responsible for managing, analyzing, and developing fact-based reporting tools to deliver concise and actionable recommendations. As Category Analyst, you will leverage the category management process as a decision platform for prescriptive initiatives designed to optimize distribution, price and category growth. In this role, you will deal with business data (Internal and external), including performing data extraction, transformation, modelling and data visualization. Additionally, you will be responsible for building dynamic reports, dashboards and scorecards.
- Leads the development and management of analytical reporting to support internal operations and requirements associated with strategic customers.
- Support the execution of special projects, ad hoc analysis, and initiatives by leveraging data and analytics.
- Develops thought leadership by translating knowledge and data from a variety of sources into forward thinking insights that form the basis for new or evolved strategic direction
- Interacts with cross-functional teams internally and with strategic customers
- Identifies opportunities and recommended actions by conducting market analyses of category for strategic customers and account teams
- Conducts periodic category reviews (Strategic Customers)
- Supports the development of sales presentations for sales and business development teams utilizing a category perspective
- Develop best-in-class scorecarding for both internal and external use
Ideal Candidate Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- 2 to 4 years in Report Writing and Dashboards from scratch
- Proficiency with Microsoft SQL
- Strong experience with Power BI for data modeling and creating dynamic visualizations
- Strong experience with Data Extraction and Data Mining
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant post graduate work experience, preferred
- Experience in category management, data, analytics, reporting and development, strongly preferred
- Professional, prompt, and polished written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced excel skills required
- Persistent work ethic and self-motivation
- Ability to thrive in a “start-up” esque environment
- Ability to achieve goals independently and in a team environment
- Ability to be resilient in a high-energy, fast-paced, and competitive setting
What we have to offer
- Competitive base salary plus an aggressive bonus plan
- Full health benefits and 401k matching
- Energetic, fun, and friendly work environment
- Limitless growth potential
- Casual dress code
- Open door policy – strong engagement and connectivity with company leadership
Salary + Bonus
The Ruby Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Ruby Robinson Co. Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?