Help Desk Specialist–II
General roles & responsibilities:
Due to COVID we are currently offering positions remotely and later will be expected to work in office.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of agency workstations and application services.
- Support staff shall provide administrative and operational support of the OCIO’s Configuration Management process.
- Applies business process improvement practices to re-engineer methodologies/principles and business process modernization projects.
- Support staff should apply, as appropriate, activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques.
- Assist in establishing standards for information systems procedures. Constructs sound, logical business improvement opportunities consistent with Information Management guiding principles, price savings, and open system architecture objectives.
- Support staff shall mentor junior staff in technical areas.
- A working knowledge is desirable in several of the following software systems and architectures: Windows 10, Windows Server 2016/2018, MS-DOS, Azure, Microsoft Office 2016/Office 365, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Telnet, VBScript, PowerShell, Active Directory 2012/2016 administration, Dragon Naturally Speaking Legal version, AutoCAD
- Understand the importance of meeting deadlines.
- Over eight years of experience in the field of help desk assistance, including three years of specialized experience in highly specialized IT disciplines involving a range of help desk related support.
- At least four years of general hands-on experience in the specific discipline(s) of help desk functions.
- Performs help desk support; works independently and as a member of a team.
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience in configuring, managing and deploying Windows operating systems using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT).
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016, Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office 365.
- Hands on Experience with VoIP phones, Skype for Business, VPN solutions, mobile devices, Help Desk ticketing system, Remote management(using RDP and Remote assistance)
- Experience with VB or PowerShell Scripting, Windows Scripting Host and MS-DOS Batch scripting.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 10 registries and experience creating .REG files.
- Familiar with DNS & TCP/IP, troubleshooting network connectivity,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing documentation to support desktop application packaging processes.
- Experience developing application testing plans and supporting documentation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Must be able to research and work independently to triage, troubleshoot, and fix issues.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other team members and hit the ground running, with minimal guidance, towards a common goal
- Requires strong communication skills with other team members and clients
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
- Requires the proven ability to manage time while working on a variety of tasks
- Possess a willingness and attitude to help customers find workable solutions
- Applicants selected will be subject to a minimum-background investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.
- Bachelors Degree in related field. Four (4) years of direct related experience in this field may be substituted in lieu of degree
Ruach Topnotch solutions
Why Work Here?
Long term project