Job Location: Atlanta, GA 30336
Full time – Weekend Shift (Fri, Sat and Sun 12 hours a day Shift - pay for 40)
Set up and operate a variety of machines to produce precision parts and tools applying knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal and wood properties, and machining procedures.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate various machining processes including heat forming, drill press, chop saw.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Machining and fabricating custom wood working and metal parts.
- Ability to read understand and follow blueprints provided with various parts produced.
- Evaluates problems and determines most cost-effective and efficient way to produce parts.
- Be safety cautious while using various hand tools.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information.
- Make sure once the various parts are produced, they are sent to the correct department so they can be either shipped or attached to current jobs being built.
- Must keep work area in order and clean to keep everyone safe.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma; prefer Trade School certificate or college experience with five years of machining experience as a journey level machinist.
- Experience with hand tools and various saws, drills, and sanders.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter and take on task without being asked to do so.
Royston LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disability/Vets
Royston Plant, Atlanta GA 30336