Royal Minds Inc Baltimore, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
- $45,600 to $75,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree required in Psychology, Social Work or any other related field. At the time of hire, qualified candidates must possess one or more of the following which are recognized by the MD Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists: Alcohol and Drug Trainee status, CSC-AD, CAC-AD, LGADC, LCADC, LGPC, LCPC, or LCSW. Must maintain credentials throughout employment.
POSITION SUMMARY: Maintain a caseload of 15 clients; provide group and individual counseling and provide treatment plan updates
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to establish productive working relationships.
- Read, write, and speak English well enough to communicate with others and maintain documentation and perform other record keeping tasks in accordance with agency and accreditation standards.
- Computer skills sufficient to enter required data and documentation and to generate reports.
- Pass the agency’s background check.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects of up to 10 pounds.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with clients for up to 90 minutes at one time.
- Understanding and supportive of a trauma-informed system of care
- Experience with trauma-informed services, cognitive behavioral therapies including DBT, and motivational therapies including the use of incentives preferred
- Personal recovery experience not required, however, knowledge of recovery support systems and 12-Step programs preferred
- Strong interpersonal and engagement skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills required; experience with EMR system a plus
- Ability to support the agency’s mission and philosophy, and demonstrate sensitivity to cultural diversity and workplace harmony
- Value for and ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Self-directed and flexible to meet the needs of administration and management
- Conduct screening interviews to determine the need for a drug and alcohol assessment and for emergent care services in the specific areas of detoxification, prenatal care, and psychiatric care; make referrals to appropriate health and human services agencies as needed based on the outcome of the screening interview
- Conduct confidential, quality assessments, that are trauma-informed, utilizing ASAM criteria to determine the appropriate level of care
- Use a strengths-based and trauma-informed approach to work collaboratively with clients and internal and external treatment team members to help support clients in their treatment and recovery
- Prepare individual treatment and discharge plans
- Provide clinical consultation to referral resources, Mentors, family members, and others to help support clients in their recovery
- Work closely with clients to engage them in the decision-making process and help them understand the benefits of assessment and accessing the appropriate level of care as indicated
- Collect and review referral information upon assignment of clients from the referral source and consult with others as needed to support coordination of services and scheduling of client interviews
- Coordinate with the Intake Coordinator as needed to contact clients to confirm appointment dates, times, and assessment locations
- Collect information from collateral resources to aid in determining diagnosis and need for treatment
- Based on assessments, make referrals to the most appropriate programs and agencies in an effort to help clients access the right level of care to best meet their treatment needs
- Assist clients with scheduling an admission or first appointment date at the program or facility where they are referred
- Monitor client access to and involvement with treatment and other providers to help address barriers to treatment and the recovery process; follow up with client within seven days of referral to assess process and client’s satisfaction with adjusting to the program
ROYAL MINDS REHABILITATION SERVICES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE AGENCY DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS AT-WILL. AN EMPLOYEE MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES OF THIS POSITION, WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION.
Royal Minds Inc
Royal Minds is a comprehensive community behavioral health facility in Baltimore. It provides outpatient, telehealth, and residential treatment services for substance abuse disorders and mental illness. The facility provides short-term, intermediate, and long-term services to promote recovery, resilience, and independence. The treatments it offers include medication management, independent and family counseling, and group discussion. In addition, the facility arranges community-based psychiatric rehabilitation services and referrals to appropriate partners where necessary.
3719 E. Baltimore St.Baltimore, MD