Become an integral member of our `ohana and create memorable guest experiences which make Royal Kona Resort the first choice for guests visiting the beautiful Kona coast! As a member of this family-owned and operated resort, you will help each guest feel like family and will work alongside a diverse and dedicated team.
The Bartender provides exceptional dining experiences for all guests who patron Don’s Mai Tai Bar. Known for its breathtaking oceanfront, open-air location, delectable food offerings and extensive beverage options, Don’s Mai Tai Bar is a popular destination for visitors and residents alike. The bar also hosts the Legends of Hawaiian Music concert series featuring some of the most well-known artists in Hawaiian and contemporary music.
The role of Bartender can provide you with:
- The opportunity to make direct impact on the guest experience.
- The opportunity to tailor the dining experience for each guest by making food and beverage recommendations.
A typical shift for the Bartender may include the following responsibilities:
- Facilitating the dining experience from start to finish for patrons sitting at the bar. Service includes: obtaining desired orders and accommodating special orders to the extent possible; accurately inputting orders into the Point-of-Sale system; providing expeditious service of fresh, delectable food and beverage; promptly bussing bar top; issuing checks and securing and processing payment.
- Fulfilling orders submitted by Cocktail Servers and expeditiously creating hand-crafted cocktails in accordance to established recipes.
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of workstation including washing glassware, routinely cleaning and sanitizing bar well and bar top, replenishing fruit garnish, and maintaining an organized storage room and on-site liquor par.
- Answering incoming calls to respond to inquiries or obtain take-out orders.
- Acting as food and beverage cashier for Cocktail Servers to close out cash transactions and payout allotted gratuities at shift’s end.
Royal Kona Resort might be a great match for you if:
- You are seeking a fast-paced environment with high business volume that provides the opportunity to be out-on-the-floor and active on a regular basis.
- Providing personal and prompt guest service is a passion of yours---hospitality is our life!
- You enjoy interacting with diverse people; our clients originate from all over the world and our employees are just as diverse.
- You do not shy away from resolving problems and like the challenge of turning potential issues into enjoyable experiences.
The ideal candidate has a natural aptitude for service and an engaging personality. The ideal candidate possesses previous bartending experience in a high-volume establishment with strong preference for previous hotel restaurant and banquet bar experience.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- The ability to speak, read and write proficiently in the English language.
- The ability to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- The ability to engage in considerable physical activity on a continuous basis including traversing and transporting items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Strong working knowledge of beer, wine and spirits and liquor laws and regulations.
- The ability to obtain a liquor card from the Department of Liquor Control and assume role of Persons In Active Charge of Premise, ensuring responsible service at all times.
- The ability to effectively multi-task to service multiple guests simultaneously.
- As a condition of employment, candidate must be able to satisfy all pre-employment screenings; such as criminal background checks, drug screening, TB testing and professional references.
Royal Kona Resort offers a competitive benefit package including the following benefits: medical, drug dental and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents; paid leave accrual benefits; observed holiday benefits; life insurance options; and retirement savings plan participation. All benefits are subject to eligibility criteria.
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
Royal Kona ResortKailua-Kona, HI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.