Customer Service Associate #205
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Customer Service Associate (CSA) works in support of the store leadership team to facilitate the completion of all store-level tasks and performs a variety of tasks related to different areas of the store including food service, point of sale duties, customer service, general housekeeping, and other related functions. The CSA ensures an exceptional customer experience for all Royal Farms customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure every customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment (greeting and acknowledging customers), maintaining outstanding standards, demonstrating product knowledge, and performing all other components of customer service
- Respond to customer requests in a timely manner, including answering customers' questions about merchandise and advising customers on merchandise selection
- Support and adhere to all safety and security initiatives
- Maintain the highest product quality by following consistent standards
- Replenish products and supplies to ensure the store is always stocked, and maintain track of all shelf life for various goods
- Ensure the compliance of established Royal Farms rules, policies, procedures, and systems (people, safety, assets, etc.)
- Develop knowledge and awareness of current marketing programs, promotions, strategies, and initiatives
- Complete all side work, as required (cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, etc.)
- Complete other assigned tasks
- Operate the Point of Sale (POS) pursuant to Royal Farms standards; maintain proper cash levels
- Maintain and drive high standards and expectations around food and beverage quality (including product handling and display), customer service, food safety, and store cleanliness
- Ensure planograms are utilized and followed
- Ensure the proper execution of all Royal Farms marketing programs
- Communicate with the leadership team regarding customer requests, vendor-related concerns, and damages in products
- Follow all company drink recipes and procedures, proficiently preparing and serving both hot and cold beverages (e.g. coffee, espresso drinks, blended beverages, and teas)
- Verify the age of all customers attempting to purchase age-restricted items (tobacco and beer/wine, where applicable)
- In stores with Self-Checkout, will:
- Direct and encourage customers to use the Self-Checkout, and educate and assist customers with the Self-Checkout system as needed to help speed along their checkout experience
- Monitor all Self-Checkout transactions to ensure payment for all items and to eliminate potential opportunities for theft
- After training and instruction, will troubleshoot the equipment and escalate the issues when necessary
- Assist customers with items that are not available using the Self-Checkout system alone, including:
- Tobacco products
- Money orders
- Other items that are behind the line depending on the store (Health and Beauty, Lottery, cell phone accessories, etc.)
The ideal candidate for the Customer Service Associate position must be at least 17 years old and will:
- Understand that their success depends upon their team’s success, encouraging and inspiring their coworkers to improve themselves.
- Possess strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Possess strong supervisory skills, organizational skills, and decision-making skills.
- Have earned a high school diploma or GED (preferred).
- Utilize basic math skills and basic computer skills.
- Exhibit an acceptance of authority.
- Be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Be able to lift, bend, and stand as many as eight hours per day.
- Have thorough knowledge of—and be committed to—Royal Farms culture and values.
- Interact easily with diverse employees.
Royal FarmsWhy Work Here?
Growing company with plenty of room for growth.
The Royal Farms legacy began in 1959 when its parent company, Cloverland Dairy, opened its first “White Jug” store in Baltimore, Maryland. At the time, home delivery of milk products was being replaced by the availability of these products in large grocery stores. The “White Jug” store was a convenient location for customers to pick up the dairy products that had formerly been delivered to their homes. Over the years, the stores began selling other convenience items to their customers. As the industry evolved, the name changed to Royal Farm Stores, and then to Royal Farms. Today, Royal Farms has become a regional powerhouse with over 240 stores in Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and New Jersey. Royal Farms has developed its own brand of quality fresh foods, while continuing a tradition of selling dairy products, core convenience items, and gasoline products.
3601 Victory BlvdPortsmouth, VA