This position is responsible for the long-range operations support of all Broadcast equipment as well as the development, implementation and evaluation of the fleet-wide Broadcast Media Program. Entertainment Specialist provides operational support to all Celebrity Broadcast personnel as well as works with Recruiting/Onboarding teams ensuring full staffing at all times for all vessels. Creates & works relationships with all vendors to support all broadcast equipment, satellites, feeds, servers, routing systems, editing systems etc. Develops implements and supervises programs related to TV, Films Library, Background Music and Video Development, for use on board by Cruise Director and staff. Specialist will support the current television promotions and investigate all avenues to increase and improve promotional opportunities. He/she will manage and execute special events (primarily sporting events) transmitted to the ships via satellite system technologies. Specialist will interface with Celebrity Cruises Production Teams, to maximize the quality and effectiveness of all video support to Production Shows, and maximize cost efficiency as related to Production Show DEARS. This position reports directly to the Director of Production, Studio & Technical Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to manage, deliver and give technical support in all aspects of Entertainment Broadcast television on board vessels.
- Provides operational support to Celebrity broadcast personal on satellite systems, video servers, routing systems, editing systems and digital signage systems as well as supports Entertainment Technical areas of sound, light, video and all other entertainment technical equipment from shore side as well as during all ship visits.
- Provides support to shore side entertainment team at all meetings, team projects, events, inaugurals, rehearsals, parties, and special functions.
- Responsible for the quality control of all television content and establishing and enforcing standards for on board video production. This will include working with a Travelling Broadcast Manager across the fleet to assist in cross checks & implementation of standards.
- Develops content ideas and programs including off the ship filming, editing and on board production. This will also include working with outside producers on show content for production shows and events.
- Ensures standards for background music are well established, and quality control mechanisms are in place to maintain appropriate ambiance across the fleet. Works with Background music vendors regularly on updated music and transferring files to the fleet.
- Responsible for establishing standards for Broadcast Operations for the appropriate set up and strike of equipment for usage during presentations, lectures, meetings and events as requested.
- Develops and oversees the fleet maintenance plan for all Broadcast and Video equipment for maximum longevity and cleanliness as well as ensuring maintenance is being completed by all staff.
- Oversees the standards for operation and configuration of all cameras, editing equipment and television matrix.
- Ensures all License Agreements that directly relate to all media aired on the closed circuit television networks throughout the fleet are in place and negotiates with vendors regularly to ensure the best possible deals are in place.
- Ensures all Agreements are executed as intended throughout the fleet with the Cruise Director and their staff. These Agreements currently include but are not limited to Turner International, ESPN International, Swank Motion Pictures, Sea Movies, Orbit Showtime Network, Pitch International, TEAM International, PBS Distributing, Trans World International, MTN World Wide TV, and Discovery Private Networks.
- Implements and maintains Television broadcasting material content and any additional programming and special events (i.e., Super Bowl, Final Four NCAA Basketball, World Cup, Olympics, and Academy Awards etc.).
- Reviews and tracks data on all End of Voyage reports submitted by Broadcast Managers. The Broadcast End of Voyage reports contain data such as the vessel's media inventory, satellite logs, tracking, channel line-up, maintenance and programming updates.
- Reviews summary of Guest Comments from all Celebrity ships related to Television Programming and recommends action plans.
- Creates and maintains the TV channel line-up and oversees the integrity of program schedules to ensure fleet wide integrity and standardization.
- Creates effective and efficient on board broadcast teams by reviewing resumes, interviewing all new hires, promotions and mentoring to achieve successful performance.
- Works daily with recruiting teams and on board teams to ensure all vessels are staffed appropriately at all times. Will attend recruiting trips and ensure regular posting of broadcast positions is in place on all social media and other relevant publications.
- Develops new programs/methodology to increase cost effectiveness; manages cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment and reviews accounts and invoices of all item related to films, and TV programming.
- Translates media code into digital format for various systems according to respective class of vessel.
- Works with Travelling Broadcast Manager to create promotional ideas to be utilized and implemented throughout the fleet on the television network.
- Provides input for the development of commercial and collateral video material, with on board promotional initiatives. Create effective and efficient ways of producing content both on board and shore side. This position must be proactive and creative with new, cutting edge styles of capturing the essence of the brand
- Updates and recommends changes to SQM standards/policies related to any television programming and energy savings on board. Will work with SQM updates on behalf of entire entertainment shore side team.
- Capture, edit and produce content surrounding entertainment and activities.
- This position is responsible for creating and distributing updated video content related to on board programming, shows and new entertainment initiatives. Will work with Travelling Broadcast Manager on these items.
- Ensure weekly updates pertaining to ongoing projects are given to direct shore side manager (i.e. contracts, projects, equipment updates, documentaries, sizzle reels, promo clips, and commercials).
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferably in Communications, Broadcasting, Travel & Leisure and/or Hospitality Management -or- 5-7 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience within the Broadcast field or as a Media Specialist.
- Extensive travel required.
- Must possess strong working knowledge of computers, Internet access, Broadcast Equipment, Satellite Systems as well as variety software packages such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, and all related broadcast systems.
- Proficient in Video Graphic Design (preferably Adobe Photoshop) and Non-Linear Editing (preferably Avid, Final Cut Pro or Adobe After Effects), and have knowledge of standard broadcast equipment, video formats (Beta, DV, VHS, DVD, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and QuickTime formats), and TV systems (NTSC, PAL, SECAM, IP etc.)
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently in English (oral and written form)
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form and communicates effectively and appropriately to meet audience needs.
- Proficient knowledge of computers, Internet access, Broadcast Equipment, Satellite systems, as well as variety software packages such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and all related broadcast systems.
- Ability to apply knowledge and judgment for showing, promoting, products or services to meet the expectation of cruise guests.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing high level of customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Exhibit behavior that is professional and courteous at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or shipboard employees.
- Ability to apply critical thinking using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Apply excellent verbal and written communication skill effectively as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making; consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.