The Onboard Branding & Communications Account Executive will support the Manager of the department working in conjunction with operations and shipboard teams to identify, recommend, develop and facilitate the standardization of branding guidelines and revenue generating concepts for the Royal Caribbean International brand. The Account Executive will support and sustain a partnership with segments of operations and will be responsible for strategic and tactical branding initiatives designed to achieve or exceed revenue and guest satisfaction targets within all onboard channels. This position will also support internal revenue partners in developing and executing best in class onboard offerings, overseeing guest promotions and driving joint marketing activities. This position will support the global strategy for all onboard communication channels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a partnership with operations, shipboard and brand teams to ensure that all entities are informed and aligned with the branding and communications strategies, the brand campaign, the Royal Way Standards and the corporate strategic plan.
- Implements initiatives and strategies through all integrated onboard communications channels to generate, increase, and engage consumer awareness of existing or new onboard offerings or experiences delivered through internal or external partners.
- Supports guest satisfaction ratings and onboard revenue initiatives by developing marketing and communication plans to achieve annual targets. Assists in evaluating all onboard product & services, brand communications, revenue marketing opportunities based on ROI, guest satisfaction, revenue, and profitability.
- Supports onboard communication channel strategies developed to execute operations and strategic partnership initiatives. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: developing brand creative, consumer facing communications (signs, flyers, etc.) digital entertainment, talk tracks for shipboard teams, SOPs, etc.
- Primary day-to-day contact with internal revenue partners.
- Collaborates with Global Marketing offices, Call Centers & Trade Support to distribute strategy, share creative assets, leverage opportunities and develop communication tools and marketing guidelines related to onboard experiences, strategic partnership opportunities promotions and activities.
- Monitors brand comment cards, secured guest index reports, chat sites, blogs and trend research to recommend areas of improvement and suggest where Royal Caribbean can realize a competitive advantage in the global market place.
- Responsibilities include identifying, researching, and measuring potential onboard offerings in collaboration with the internal revenue partners.
- Responsible for supervising creative development and production by any external vendors hired to develop promotional content, i.e. beverage partners.
- Bachelor's Degree required from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years business, marketing, sales or operations experience
- Experience in supporting business partnerships, vendors, marketing alliances, internal and/or cross functional teams
- Onboard work experience highly desired
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to present plans and ideas to all levels of employees and management
- Detailed and excellent knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages including Excel, Word, or related programs
- Occasional travel required
possess a deep understanding of the business segments they represent and to proactively recommend branding and communications opportunities to drive results
- Comprehensive understanding and experience in effective internal and external communication strategies
- Ability to apply analytical, financial, conceptual and strategic thinking to objectives, proposals and performance
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Royal Caribbean's products, services, brand essence and marketing objectives relative to competitors and potential partners
- Ability to actively participate in cross-functional teams to define and implement product development and partnership strategies
- Strong presentation skills and ability to interact with all departments and levels of management throughout the organization, as well as, with external customers, partners and companies. Ability to understand the business objectives of other companies and to find synergies and compatible goals to develop mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Ability to analyze profitability and ROI for all recommended and current promotions, initiatives sponsorships, and partnerships.
- Remain current on industry trends, business opportunities and competitive intelligence. Ability to work against deadlines and financial limitations.
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.