Purchasing Procurement (Manufacturing)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking an a Purchaser for manufacturing goods for our client, a well-established engineering firm, located in West Chester, PA. The Purchaser has overall responsibility for the accurate and timely purchasing of materials, shop supplies and outsourced services for jobs. Key responsibilities are to find potential suppliers, negotiate prices and terms, and make agreements or contracts for purchases. The Purchaser must analyze supplier proposals to get the best value on materials while maintaining rapport internally with management and externally with supplier sales representatives. Ideal candidates will be experienced multitaskers who work well under pressure.
- Prepare and send request for quote emails.
- Review quotes from vendors, negotiate contracts with wholesalers and suppliers.
- Generate purchase orders from ERP system in line with organizational targets and requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with wholesalers and suppliers.
- Act on defective/incorrect materials received from vendors, and communicate with them to return, replace, and expedite.
- Liaison with vendors to determine cause of errors/defects and correct for future orders.
- Monitor/follow up with vendors on shipments in process.
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices, and terms of business with suppliers. Review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Develop new sources of materials.
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity to reduce costs where possible.
We strive to build long-term, collaborative relationships with our clients and job seekers in order to optimize and streamline the hiring process.
Rowland Personnel Recruiting and Staffing
AddressWest Chester, PA
Get fresh Purchasing Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.