Job Title: Physical Security Specialist
Job Location: Dallas, Tx
Job Overview: Security Systems, Alarm Systems, Surveillance Systems, Access Control Systems, Low-Voltage Cabling, Troubleshooting, Customer Service, Project & Program Management
- Analyze, develop and implement plans for our client’s security programs, policies, guidelines, and methodologies.
- Maintain Physical Security Systems data, documentation, and program content.
- Respond to client “alarms” and follow established response protocols and if system malfunction, preforming a site visit to resolve 24/7/365.
- Provide Physical Security Program support functions, including updating program management reports and tracking progress of ongoing initiatives.
- Define systems and resiliency risks through impact assessments; collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Work closely with client’s internal security as a Security Product Manager to understand and address their needs pertaining to technology solutions. Attend program meetings to assess security implications of proposed changes.
- Design and support security exercises and testing.
- Assist with and perform physical security audits and inspections.
- Assist with the development, management, and reporting of Physical Security Key Risk Indicators and Key Performance Indicators. Track and report program performance and assurance compliance.
- Design and assist with implementation of security technology strategies and solutions for access control, surveillance, and intrusion detection systems.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, security management or a related field and a minimum of 3 years of substantial experience related to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification(s) and experience as an Administrator for Security Systems Platforms. Genetec, DMP, and Axis programming and administration experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with technical programs, technical project management and systems design related to essential duties to include information management systems.
- Demonstrated experience with the hardware installation and wiring of all physical Security components. (e.g. IP Cameras, Intrusion Detection Sensors & Panels, Electronic Lock, Proximity Card Readers)
- Working knowledge in the areas of information technology n-tier architecture, IP networking, inter-application communication and data exchange, and endpoint device operations in a security technology environment.
- Strong communication; written and oral, analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to work effectively in a team environment and able to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage a large number of projects simultaneously.
- Significant experience as a physical security operations center analyst, corporate security specialist, public safety, risk management or other related field is a plus.
- Ability to travel, as needed, within the contiguous United States.
- ASIS Certification desired (e.g. PSP, CPP).
Why Work Here?We are a full service managed service provider for Communications, Security, Audio/Visual, Networking and ISP Services. We have clients across the nation who view us as an indispensable partner. We value the long term relationship with our clients above anything else.
Successful and bright company with great leadership.