Senior Director of Operations
Rover.com Seattle, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking to hire a Senior Director of Operations to scale our organization’s operations as our business rapidly grows. This position oversees multiple locations that deliver world class customer service across our Trust & Safety, Fraud & Booking Assurance, Customer Escalations and Customer Experience teams.
This leader ensures all Rover’s customers (both pet parents and pet sitters/walkers) receive astonishingly great service from Rover. In this role, you’ll lead a fast-growing team of management and agents located in Seattle and Spokane, plus the strategic partnerships of our business process outsourcers, to solve customer problems and deliver outstanding service results across the country in a cost effective and scalable way.
You will lead an engaged management team, partner across functions and with senior leadership to deliver on commitments. You will analyze data and metrics to evaluate team & staff performance, lead and encourage employees to maximize performance through a multi-tiered team, and collaborate with HR to create and implement a succession plan for our front line agents, supervisors, and managers while advancing cohesion between internal departments. To be successful you will ensure quality of operations and customer service that scales efficiently as Rover grows, and foster a team culture that provides development & growth, and inspires staff to give their best. You will coach and develop this team to understand how their work impacts broader Rover business goals.
The ideal candidate is one that lives to serve customers and their team. They will thrive in a fast-paced environment, act quickly to identify, implement and improve key metrics, and solve high-impact business problems. This position requires that a person love ambiguous operating environments and adapting to change. If you have a voracious appetite for interacting with data to solve problems, enjoy partnering with numerous organizational stakeholders, and live to deliver outstanding results, this role may be for you.
This is a high visibility role, responsible for creating alignment across the business and updating the senior leadership team. As such, the ideal candidate has strong communication skills, is a proven thought leader, and has a desire to be in a key strategic position.
- Inspire, recruit, and develop our customer operations leadership team to build the industry’s strongest customer experience organization.
- Build an outstanding performance culture. Effectively manage and scale a multi-layered, multi-site, high-performance team to ensure we operate with excellence at every level.
- Cultivate a culture that prioritizes the safety of sitters, owners and pets in our marketplace; influence our community guidelines and ensure our community standards are upheld.
- Performance metrics are your heartbeat. Directly own and drive customer satisfaction and cost to serve metrics across multiple sites. Lead the evolution of those metrics to meet the emerging needs of our customers.
- Own and implement the reinvention of our customer service model (across departments, channels, locations and tools) by leveraging technology, in-house and outsourced resources to solve customer problems.
- Define team vision, lead an annual budgeting and planning process, create an annual operations plan, and set quarterly metrics that the team is rallied to deliver against
- Build trust across the organization by building strong working relationships and delivering results. Provide insights and business learnings that help drive continuous improvement in our Product, Process and Partnerships
- Partner with International senior operations leaders to create and implement our global operations support strategy.
- Own frontline ops org planning and goal-setting with Product, FP&A, HR, Legal, PR, Business Operations peers, and New / Existing Business GMs
- Create frontline departmental policies and guidelines; partner with HR, Legal, IT, Tax, and Workplace Ops leaders to influence enterprise policies that impact hourly and salary team members.
- Responsible for all departmental communications and rhythms across sites
- Oversee employee productivity and bi/annual rhythms for hourly and salaried employee evaluations and promotions across sites
- Oversee a team that manages strategic Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) partnerships including RFPs, negotiations, continuous improvement and partnership management
- Responsible for customer service uptime and business continuity planning
- And of course the happiest customer contact is one that doesn’t need to contact Rover. You will play a leading role in leveraging data to identify contact trends and recommending solutions that prevent customers from needing to contact us in the first place.
- 10+ years building and leading high-performing customer service team with a track record of meeting or exceeding goals
- 8+ yrs experience leading people managers in a multi-layer ops org
- Demonstrated experience effectively partnering with senior leaders and diverse teams across several offices to drive results.
- Experience owning and driving significant improvement in operational OKRs/KPIs. Demonstrates strong analytical ability and the ability to leverage data from third party operations tools (CRM and phone contact tools) to solve business problems.
- Have successfully leveraged strategic BPO partnerships to accomplish business objectives
- Track record of implementing and refining customer operations measurement methods and holding teams accountable to hitting ambitious customer satisfaction goals
- Demonstrated experience in partnering with cross functional leaders to develop strategic departmental plans
- Experience owning budgeting, forecasting and cost management
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and performance managing both salaried and hourly team members across multi-layered teams
- Clear track record of driving success in a highly quantitative environment
- Proven ability to successfully manage and drive change within the organization
- Online marketplace experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar preferred
Benefits of Working at Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Pet benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog or cat
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to Covid19)
Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (at times performed virtually due to Covid19)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
BusinessView all jobs at Rover.com