Route is a one-click premium shopping experience for online ordering, and the only way to view all of your online orders, from any merchant, in one place. Online shoppers can insure and visually track everything they order online in one centralized app. E-commerce merchants from boutique brands to household names can add Route to their website empowering one-click solutions for their customers for shipping insurance, visual package tracking, and one-click claim handling. With offices in both Silicon Slopes, Utah (HQ) and Santa Monica, California, Route embodies a creative lifestyle partnered with innovative tech to build a one of a kind global brand.
As the VP of Finance Accounting at Route you will be the leader in charge of building a world class accounting and finance team. You will direct and oversee the financial activities of Route, and support our executive team directly as the company’s most senior finance employee. In addition to providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs, you will direct company fundraising efforts, and interface with company investors. You are a good fit if you have 10+ years of financial management experience, extensive working experience in a fast growing startup environment, and consider yourself to be on a CFO career track.
The ideal candidate for this position has an extensive understanding of both financial and managerial accounting processes and progressive experience in past roles. They have worked in a fast growing startup, preferably in the SaaS or Ecommerce space, and have directed growing teams and designed processes to enable operational excellence on those teams. They have directed fundraising efforts for multiple events and have seen success scaling financial operations for a growing team within a growing company. They can provide thoughtful and analytical decision support to the executive team at Route.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Oversee Accounting team.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking. Oversee FPA team.
- Communicate, engage and interact with the Board of Directors, CEO, President and Executive Leadership Team.
- Developing and coordinating all relationships with lending/financial institutions, auditors, consultants, and investors.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of the organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plans of the organization.
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required.
- 10+ years of progressive financial management experience.
- CPA or CMA certification is a plus.
- Recent experience scaling a finance operation from inception to nine figure revenues.
- Excellent knowledge of general financial accounting and understanding of accounting rules and procedures including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent management, supervisory, communication, organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven experience to work with a team and collaborate cross functionally across an organization.
Route offers an array of benefits including generous salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, and an unlimited PTO policy.
Route is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.