Consumer Business Analyst (LA)
Route Santa Monica, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Route is a one-click premium shopping experience for online ordering, and the only way to view all of your online orders, from any merchant, in one place. Online shoppers can insure and visually track everything they order online in one centralized app. E-commerce merchants from boutique brands to household names can add Route to their website empowering one-click solutions for their customers for shipping insurance, visual package tracking, and one-click claim handling. With offices in both Silicon Slopes, Utah (HQ) and Santa Monica, California, Route embodies a creative lifestyle partnered with innovative tech to build a one of a kind global brand.
About the Role
The ideal candidate for the role is passionate and ready to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment at the intersection of e-commerce and technology.
As a Consumer Business Analyst on Route's Product Growth team, you will be instrumental in driving data analysis, insights, and business intelligence across internal stakeholders and business leaders. In this critical position, you will leverage analytics and suggest data-driven solutions to enable your key partners to draw relevant conclusions throughout the product and operations lifecycle. This role requires excellent attention to detail, the ability to work cross-functionally and to communicate effectively.
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain recurring metrics to answer critical business questions on a weekly and monthly basis
- Complete ad hoc data retrieval and analysis using relational databases and other data management systems
- Proactively analyze data across business segments to identify areas of opportunity
- Translate complex or ambiguous business problem statements into analysis requirements
- Design and implement reporting solutions enabling stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions
- Work closely with stakeholders/leadership to understand business challenges and provide data/analysis for better decision making
- Effectively communicate insights to key stakeholders through both written and verbal communication.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Technology, Business or a related field
- 2-3 years of professional experience in analytics, measurement, statistical data analysis, or comparable experience
- Proficient working knowledge of data mining using SQL, ETL, data warehouse as well as Excel
- Experience building dashboards, reports, or tools using technologies such as Metabase, Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Experience working with large data sets
- Excellent writing and critical analytic thinking
- Effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Proven problem-solving skills concerning unstructured, uncertain problems
- Ability to dive deep and demonstrate attention to detail
- At least two years of experience serving as a business analyst at an e-commerce firm
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Programming experience (R, Python, etc.)
Route offers an array of benefits including generous salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, and an unlimited PTO policy.
Route is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.