- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Quality Coordinator Department: Quality Assurance
Reports To: Quality Manager FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: This individual will be responsible for maintaining, supporting, and promoting quality assurance programs within the facility in direct communication with the Quality Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates GMP program and practices within the production areas.
- Maintains a highly detailed and effective root cause analysis program by monitoring and tracking corrective actions for internal deviations, audit findings, suppliers deviations, and nonconforming product.
- Assist Quality Manager with the coordination and compliance of quality programs for external inspections.
- Maintains external training certification and leads the ISO/IFS internal audit team.
- Supports SOL documentation management system in a key user function.
- Manages and promotes traceability and mock recall programs.
- Assist in the development of new quality programs and validates protocols.
- Supports quality training efforts for employees and contractors, verifying competency as required.
- Assists in food defense, food fraud, and sensory programs within the facility as needed.
- External certification in HACCP and FSMA PCQI maintained. Assists with reviews, CCP observations and verifies documentation prior to product shipment when applicable.
- Promotes quality and food safety principles in production by assisting with process improvements, interactions, risk assessments and on floor observations as required.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Assists with additional programs and special projects as requested.
Supervises and maintains quality program standards in the absence of the Quality Manager. May assist in interviewing, hiring and training of new quality personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University with focus in food science, quality management systems, or other related field.
- 3-5 years quality documentation experience in a food / pharmaceutical environment or other related field.
- Experience in all aspects of quality systems, including:
- External HACCP certified.
- FSMA PCQI certified.
- Quality Investigation / RCA Experience
- IFS/ISO Experience
- Internal or third party auditing Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Physical & Environmental Demands: Employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employee may be exposed to wet/humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, chemicals, outside weather conditions, and an electrical environment.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Darling Ingredients is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ManufacturingView all jobs at Rousselot
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?