At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 4,000 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
Roush has an immediate need for a Tracked Vehicle Field Service Engineer/Technician with a solid mechanical and electrical background and strong customer service skills. The Tracked Vehicle Field Service Engineer/Technician will interface with customers on a regular basis both on the phone and on-site; providing technical assistance, guidance, or training to other tracked vehicle personnel and perform other duties as assigned. Our ideal applicant will have a strong ability to listen to customers with an emphasis on relating to concerns and providing appropriate, well-timed responses. A qualified Tracked Vehicle Field Service Engineer/Technician will also have a strong technical understanding, ability to physically troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues, be task oriented, and able to demonstrate strong follow through. This position is based in Troy, MI.
- High School diploma with 5 or more years of directly related experience in the maintenance and repair of light / heavy tracked vehicles
- Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to acquire a U.S. passport
- Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a U.S. government secret clearance
- Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Ability to work from technical manuals, work instructions, work orders and follow-up of historic troubleshooter findings and notes
- Proficient in the use of maintenance tools, repair and special tools, diagnostic equipment, wiring diagrams, and relevant technical and parts manuals
- Must be able to work in a nontemperature-controlled environment, heat and humidity
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% when needed
- Able to demonstrate proficient computer skills and use of MS Office programs
- Able to prepare written technical reports
- Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate professionalism and interact with all levels of employees and with customers
- Certification from a vocational school or other recognized source such as a military service related Advanced Individual Training with a focus in tracked vehicle maintenance. Military experience: Army 91A, 91H and 91M, Marine 13XX, 18XX, 21XX and 35XX series
- In lieu of formal course work, a combination of college credits, on-the-job training, other formalized training, or experience may be considered
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
*JG *SF *KREmployment Type: FULL_TIME