Round One Entertainment is looking to hire one full-time General Manager for our location in Eugene, OR at The Valley River Center.
The General Manager is responsible for the sales, profits, staffing, image, and operation of the store. S/he will proactively lead the store to ensure achievement of business goals in revenues, expense, profitability, customer satisfaction, inventory shrinkage, and employee morale. Furthermore, the General Manager will provide customers and employees with outstanding service through friendly, quick, efficient, accurate and safe assistance.
- Responsible for the sales and profit projections as outlined by Executive Management.
- Meet or exceed sales goals through the efficient execution of Company policies and procedures.
- Directly supervise department managers to ensure they are in compliance with established store policies and procedures.
- Provide operational and customer service training for store employees at all levels.
- Investigate employee issues with assistance from Human Resources.
- Maintain confidential discussions of employees’ increases, promotions or transfers until approved by executive management and paperwork has been prepared and a meeting is scheduled with the employee.
- Hold weekly staff meetings with department managers to discuss and resolve any issues relating to operations, staffing, etc.
- Ensure the store presents a pleasing image by changing store displays for better traffic flow
- Create, prepare and submit reports to corporates such as Daily Sales, Monthly Sales, COGS, Petty Cash, Labor Control
- Create managers’ monthly schedule
- Provide store operations and personnel budget plan to Executive Management for review and approval.
- Write operations manual to include day-to-day procedures to be followed by the department.
- Prepare and present performance evaluations and counseling notices to direct reports.
- Know and understand all store employees’ job responsibilities.
- Proactively support any promotional activity within the store and contribute to an effective working environment.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Executive Management.
- Interact with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provide exceptional customer service by taking care of customer disputes and readily accessible to our customers.
- Inform the customer of all services and specials we can provide them.
- Extend job offers to candidates considered for employment at the store level.
- Develop a diverse, high-performance team by coaching, counseling and mentoring.
- Review department timesheets for the accuracy of hours and overtime.
- Provide new hire orientation for store employees.
- Monitor store staffing on a daily basis to ensure each department is adequately staffed.
- Audit refund and/or credits against itemized sales from the previous day.
- Audit cash drawers and transactions.
- Audit and track special events.
- Create Daily Audit Report with sales information and auditing discoveries for executive management.
- Research problems discovered during audits.
Safety, Loss Prevention, and Procedural Compliance:
- Administer IIPP procedures, Safety Program, and procedures.
- Assist with curbing internal and external theft.
- Support the achievement of employee safety and loss prevention objectives via all available media, (i.e. monthly meetings, one-on-one counseling).
- Ensure satisfactory maintenance, appearance, and condition of assigned facilities to comply with security, safety, and environmental codes and ordinances.
- Enforce compliance with all local, state, federal regulations and company policy pertaining to safety and loss prevention.
- Comply with all OSHA requirements
- Contributes to improvement or more efficient and less expensive ways and means in-store processes.
- Assists in the research and development of resources that create timely and efficient store workflow.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Executive Management
- Maintains store IIPP and OSHA records.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to Executive Management for a solution.
- Maintains good communication with all workers including outside contacts.
- Complies and maintains the confidentiality of all company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree from preferred but not required.
- 3+ years of GM management experience in team building, sales development, strong operational skills within a fast-casual theme concept.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills supported by a pleasant and positive attitude of “can do” success.
- Ability to gain, demonstrate, and coach with operation knowledge.
- Ability to plan activities, set goals, effectively manage time and work.
- Shows ability to consistently contribute to the overall improvement of the team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a bowling center/arcade environment where high levels of noise, dust, and activity can be expected. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, stretch, twist, climb and have a high level of mobility/flexibility in small spaces. The employee is required to stand and walk for extended periods of time without breaks during busy times. In addition, the employee will need to be able to use their hands/fingers to handle and feel and reach with hands and arms. Lifting and/or moving up to 100lbs with assistance is required.
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental, and 401(K) with company matching.
If you're looking for a fun, challenging, and rewarding career with a growing entertainment company, please submit your resume today. We are looking forward to your application!
Round One Entertainment Inc.
Why Work Here?Round One Entertainment is a multi-entertainment center that features bowling, 300+ arcade games, billiards, karaoke, darts, bar and kitchen. We currently have stores in 21 states, and by year 2025 we expect to have stores in all 50 states. Round One first started in Osaka, Japan as a roller-skating rink in 1980, but after adding arcades and bowling into the facility, sales skyrocketed, and this along with all of our passionate staff have allowed us to grow into a multi-million-dollar entertainment company, with over 150 stores in Japan and U.S. alone. In 2020, Round One is projected to open 10 new entertainment centers across the US. By delivering excellent customer service to all-age groups, Round One has continued to succeed in becoming one of the fastest growing entertainment companies in America, with the help of all of our passionate bowling, amusement, food & beverage, cleaning, and mechanic staff. Round One’s mission is to bring smiles to everyone across the world by creating memorable experiences that brings family and friends together. As Round One continues to grow, there will be new challenges that will require us to keep innovating and working together as a team to create lasting amusement and entertainment experiences. If you're looking for a fun, challenging, and rewarding career with a growing entertainment company, please submit your resume today. We are looking forward to your application!
Growth and Stability