FULL TIME CPA / ACCOUNTANT NEEDED
Our CPA firm located in Farmington Hills, MI is currently seeking an experienced individual to join our team as a staff accountant to help meet our ever expanding client needs. The appropriate candidate should be a CPA/CPA candidate, have a minimum of 5+ years of public accounting experience and be eager to develop their career as we continue to grow our business. Our firm enjoys a close, relaxed working relationship, giving each team member an excellent opportunity to excel, and to impact the growth and direction of the practice. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, challenging work environment, and exceptional opportunities for growth.
- Preparation of federal and state income tax returns for corporations, partnerships, individuals and trusts.
- Preparation of tax projections for individuals and corporations.
- General ledger accounting, including preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Effective work paper preparation in compliance with firm standards and procedures.
- Work as an effective team member to complete project and assignment tasks within a deadline.
- Research Tax & Accounting issues for clients, as needed.
- Retirement and Payroll Accounting with preparation of associated tax returns.
- Daily time tracking through firm billing software and sensitivity to maintenance of an appropriate billable time ratio.
- A commitment to work extended hours during the months of January through April.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Attained a Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- 5 years of prior public accounting experience.
- Possess CPA license, or working towards CPA licensure.
- Interest in tax.
- Enjoys mathematics, calculations and analysis.
- Computer skills and experience with accounting software.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Self motivated without needing to be micromanaged.
- Starting Salary: Commensurate with relevant experience and skill set
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Disability, Vision and Life Insurance
- Vacation Time
- Continuing Education
Job Type: Full-time