PBM Account Executive
- Posted: over a month ago
The Account Executive (AE) manages the needs of pharmacy benefit management (PBM) clients by overseeing program administration in the areas of utilization management, plan design, drug coverage, and other business drivers. The Account Executive works collaboratively with several internal departments to grow client, broker, TPA, and consultant relationships from the time of implementation through each renewal. The AE will assist with product development, product improvement, and the promotion of services that drive client cost savings, beneficial health outcomes, and company profitability.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manage client contract renewal and retention processes while maintaining a focus on obtaining multiple- year agreements, maintaining profitability, and exceeding client service expectations. Participate and help prepare finalist sales presentations when necessary.
- Effectively manage and coordinate the client implementation process across various internal and external parties.
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients, brokers, third-party administrators, and consultants. Must demonstrate a clear understanding of client trends and strategic plan development. The AE will be expected to present recommendations to internal leadership based on trend data from renewal processes and other client interactions.
- Prioritizes consistent on-site, or virtual, client meetings to review plan trends, respond to client feedback, and relay new market information when applicable.
- Provide guidance and leadership to Account Management team members to support daily activities and prompt client responses. Help to provide support and assistance to other internal departments in order to deliver the best client experience at all times.
- Act as an external-facing representative of Serve You Rx to clients through presentations, meetings, and in other direct client engagements.
- Follow and act in accordance with all internal policies and procedures. Understand applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to support system functionality, project management, as well as ad-hoc analysis of client data.
- Collaborate with Clinical Account Executives on the annual plan renewal analysis process in order to successfully upsell clinical programs.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Credentials / Licensing / Certification
- Maintain a valid driver's license and personal insurance liability coverage, as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of PBM Client Relationship Management or PBM Account Management experience
- Experience with clinical/operational project coordination in support of PBM clients
- Prior experience in contractual negotiations
- Experience with public speaking and presentation skills
- Willingness to work with clients across various time zones to ensure all work is completed promptly.
- Strong ability to reason and translate plan benefit information into material appropriate for various audiences.
- Self-motivated individual that thrives on personal accountability and the ability to make decisions with limited supervision.
- Advanced critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to identify root causes and recommend process improvements and/or solutions.
- Detail-oriented, excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to prioritize work effectively and have a sense of urgency to meet performance objectives and deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Project Management and coordination of resources
- Strong presentation skills.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Occasionally lifts/pulls/carries up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently required to stand, sit, talk and hear, and use hands to handle, or touch objects or controls.
- On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend, kneel, or reach above the shoulders.
- Operate typical office equipment such as a computer, telephone, copy machine, etc.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regular mental demands such as comprehension, reasoning, decision making, and strong math skills.
- Regular travel required (Up to 35%).
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?