We are a prestigious accounting firm located in Jacksonville, Florida, Are you ready to be a part of the team at a growing firm that offers a professional, fun, energetic, team environment? We are looking for a dynamic, energetic and technologically savvy Client Accounting Specialist to join our team.
You will be responsible for effectively delivering quality accounting support and account management in three areas of accounting services provided to our clients, (1) Write-up Services, (2) Bookkeeping Services, and (3) Payroll Services. You must be able to work independently, have strong communication skills, highly organized, persistent and able to manage multiple projects. You will also be required to visit your accounting support clients periodically in order to provide the highest level of customer service and support.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Enter details of transactions
- Oversee client financial records, systems, and processes
- Preparation monthly financial statements and other reports
- Accounts payable and receivable functions
- Maintain and record business transactions
- Track fixed assets and prepare depreciation schedules
- Prepare bank and general ledger reconciliations
- Process payroll and prepare all payroll related filings on a timely basis
- Properly set up a QB for clients
- Provide training to clients on QB and bookkeeping concepts
- Prepare reports
It is critical that the Client Accounting Specialist follows the bookkeeping procedures and protocols established by our firm in order deliver consistent and timely service to clients.
Education and experience requirements:
- Two-year college degree with coursework in accounting, bookkeeping
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in bookkeeping or accounting, preferably working with the general ledger, accounts payable/accounts receivable and reconciling accounts
- Familiarity with standard accounting and bookkeeping concepts, practices and procedures
- Experience with technology-computers, mobile applications, and computer software
Other things to know about this job position:
- Travel to client's offices and other locations - rare, but may be necessary
- Handling other tax, accounting or administrative projects as necessary
- Administrative tasks - secondary responsibility - rare, but may be necessary
- Greeting clients
- Answering phones
- Scheduling appointments for CPAs
- Scanning client documents
- Processing tax returns and financial reports
- OVERTIME REQUIRED during Tax Season
This is a Full-time permanent position with competitive salary and great benefits. Flexible working hours are offered from 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM with some overtime required on an as needed basis. Working remotely from home may be available under certain circumstances and guidelines.
To apply for this position, copy the link below to your browser to access our standardized application system and complete your application:
You will be asked to complete your contact information and a short questionnaire to validate your credentials so that we can better understand your work experience. You will have an opportunity to upload your resume and letters of recommendation. The entire application will take you less than 5 minutes to complete.
If your credentials are a good match for our needs, you may be asked to complete an additional questionnaire. This additional questionnaire may take you 20 to 25 minutes to complete and will further enable us to support your work satisfaction.
Ross Hughes & Associates CPAS LLCRoss Hughes & Associates, CPAs, PLLC is a Jacksonville, FL accounting firm providing, accounting, and bookkeeping services, tax planning and tax return preparation, estate and succession planning, advisory, and specialty consulting for small businesses in the Jacksonville area. We work with our clients to be innovative while striving to maintaining high professional standards and values. Ross Hughes & Associates, CPAs, LLC serves as valued and uncommon accounting advisors to clients by providing unique guidance beyond accounting and tax, focusing on incorporating operational, bottom line strategies with individual growth perspectives. In other words, we coach our clients to look beyond the numbers and pay attention to the things that drive culture and workforce creativity, innovation, enthusiasm and passion. Probably the thing we do best is help our clients rediscover the things that are important and how to have fun again!