Assistant Project Manager - Industrial
This position is responsible for completing projects and verifying that they meet expectations with regards to quality, schedule, plans, specifications, and budget. You will also act as a liaison between the project owner and Ross Group Industrial.
In this role you will …
- Assist project management in arranging for jobsite utilities
- Obtain needed permits and contract documents
- Ensure all subcontractors have appropriate permits
- Maintain and update office copies of plans and specifications
- Assist superintendent in setting up a field office
- Review submittals and prepare submittal logs
- Maintain a telephone log
- Ensure all equipment is properly scheduled
- Prepare proposed change log
- Obtain quotations from subcontractors and write subcontract change orders
- Assist project management in preparing price changes
- Prepare quotations and purchase contracts for the owner
- Distribute plans, specifications, and addenda to subcontractors
- Consult with relevant parties to answer subcontractor RFIs
- Monitor all back charges
- Review submittals and submit to architect/engineer for approval
- Ensure all subcontracts are signed and returned promptly
- Set up and maintain plan distribution log
- Assist in the preparation of as-builts
- In conjunction with other staff members, anticipate and take steps to correct any deficiencies
- Work alongside superintendent to implement project safety and quality control
- Monitor project progress for adherence to plans, specifications, and as-builts
- Monitor any material received on site
- Prepare RFIs and maintain log
- Maintain notes on all conversations and correspondence
- Assist project management in calculating weekly labor costs
- Assist in the preparation of reports
- Assist in the preparation of all closeout documents
- Ensure closeout procedures follow specifications
- Confirm completion of final subcontractor change orders
- Provide required manuals and documentation to the owner
- Switch all utilities into owners name and assist in obtaining Certificate of Occupancy
As the ideal candidate you…
- Have three to five years’ experience in construction management, with a Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Have previous construction project management experience, both EPC & Design-Bid-Build, in Oil, Gas & Chemicals and Heavy Industrial with a proven project history in relation to quality, schedule, budget, and safety.
- Have a proven successful project history of maintaining quality, schedule, safety, and actual cost versus estimated cost, you excel at managing rapidly changing priorities to accomplish project goals.
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of employees, Ross Group management, and outside partners such as owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Don’t mind flexible work hours, with an average of 50 hours per week or as needed.
Expectations in this role include…
- Identifying problems, gathering and analyzing information, and consulting with appropriate parties to make your project successful
- Meeting established goals, while ensuring quality of work through accuracy and thoroughness
- Planning projects effectively, using past experience to identify issues during pre-construction in order to optimize project performance
- Leading projects to completion, using management skills to effectively coordinate with each involved party
- Being flexible, well organized, and detail oriented, using efficient time management skills to meeting project deadlines and schedules
- Making timely decisions using sound and accurate judgment while keeping appropriate people informed in the decision process.
- Having a working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office, and the internet
- Working to increase your job knowledge, exhibiting the ability to learn and apply new skills
You are physically able to …
- Work outdoors in extreme conditions such as cold, heat, and humidity on an occasional basis
- Stand, climb, bend, and stoop on an occasional basis
- Use visual and auditory skills
Some positions warrant eligibility for a monthly auto allowance. When an employee is deemed eligible, the use of the vehicle must be for the employer’s convenience; the use of the vehicle must be required as a condition of employment; vehicle must qualify as an acceptable vehicle defined by Company depending on the employee’s function within the organization.
Reports To: Project Manager
Secondarily Reports To: Vice-President of Operations
Ross Group IncOklahoma City, OK
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.