Service Manager Needed!
- Posted: over a month ago
Automotive Service Manager/Leader Needed!
Ross Downing Buick GMC is looking for a LEADER! Do you excel in leading people? Do you enjoy leading a team towards a clear vision? Do you want to work for a group with a clear vision that starts from the top? If so we want to talk to you! Ross Downing Auto Group has been serving South Louisiana for 47 years. Our business is booming and we are in search of a Service Manager who will run an efficient and profitable service department through productive staffing, customer retention, cost controls, achievement of objectives, and maintenance of all service records.
Our Automotive Service Manager Essential Duties
- Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels and monitors the performance of all service department staff.
- Prepares and administers a monthly, annual operating budget for the service department.
- Maintains reporting systems required by general management and the factory.
- Attends managers meetings.
- Monitors and controls the performance of the department using appropriate reports, tracking systems and surveys.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork within the department and with all other departments.
- Develops and implements a marketing plan which promotes new and repeat business.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know etc.
- Understands and ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Accounts for all documents; ensures that none are missing, and all are processed correctly.
- Holds weekly department meetings.
- Directs and schedules the activities of all department employees.
- Facilitates and/or conducts technical training and sends employees to appropriate training schools as needed.
- Monitors technicians' daily productivity reports and corresponding payroll records.
- Monitors and follows up on parts orders with the parts manager to ensure availability.
- Initials all repair orders before submitting them to the warranty department, monitoring for sales and hours relative to expectations.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Informs repair technicians of time allowances on each repair order.
- Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks. Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
- Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
- Ensures that the work areas and customer waiting area are kept clean.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with vocational and technical schools to enhance personnel recruitment activities.
- Serves as liaison with factory representatives.
- Ensures the proper care, storage and inventory of special tools.
- Ensures that customers' service files are up-to-date and readily available for reference.
- Ensures that all customers are greeted promptly and given fair estimates on costs and time required for repairs and maintenance.
- Prepares pricing guides and maintenance menus for frequent labor operations.
- Handles customer complaints immediately and according to dealership's guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains 24-hour follow-up with all customers to confirm satisfaction with the service experience.
- Maintains safe work environment.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Other tasks as assigned.
The Chosen Candidate will have;
- A successful track record within the industry.
- Leadership skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to work well in a process driven environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Driver's License (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligible
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Ross Downing Buick GMC Cadillac
BusinessView all jobs at Ross Downing Buick GMC Cadillac