Ross & Baruzzini provides consulting and design expertise for diverse industries including government, transportation, healthcare, higher education, utilities and mission-critical facilities. Our market groups are populated by talented engineers, design technicians, commissioning agents, and construction management professionals. We serve a range of agency and institutional clients that own and operate their own facilities and require long-term, high-performance solutions that are cost effective, energy efficient, and easy to maintain. Our engineers design and plan the systems that enable buildings to perform, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, audio-visual, security, telecommunications, IT, and more. By ensuring that these systems are fully integrated with each other and with the building structure, we help people, equipment, and processes operate with maximum efficiency and value.
Mitchell Planning is the nation's leading provider of medical equipment planning, procurement, and installation management services. Ross & Baruzzini acquired Mitchell Planning in 2016 to continue to grow our team and strengthen our services.
Title: Medical Equipment Planning Coordinator
Division: Mitchell Planning, A Division of Ross & Baruzzini
Location: Northbrook, Illinois
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is entry to a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding career with the most experienced medical equipment planning team in the world. Initially based in Northbrook, Illinois, this could lead you to a career in a major city of your choice. We are seeking those that possess a superior work ethic, ambition, the desire and aptitude to learn, and the ability to multi-task.
- Thrive within a team that supports Equipment Planners based throughout the country, working on more than 150 active projects in the US and abroad.
- Research medical equipment, gather specifications and enter into Mitchell's proprietary planning database.
- Ability and desire to travel to participate in hospital surveys, design and procurement meetings, and installation efforts as necessary.
- Learn to read floor plans and basic design and construction terminology.
- Set-up projects in our planning system based on space programs and/or floor plans.
- Assist with updates and edits to room-by-room medical equipment lists.
- Create and post electronic deliverables by generating reports, assembling specification datasheets, and gathering drawings produced by the BIM team.
- Reconcile purchase orders through the procurement process.
- Participate in manufacturer/vendor seminars.
- Interact with the full range of hospital professionals (senior leadership, physicians, division leaders, nurses, clinical engineering, etc.), architects, engineers, equipment manufacturers and contractors.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Equipment Planning.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
This description reflects the core activities of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the position holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
R&B is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.