Position Summary: Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the facility including all aspects of the Environmental Services department to ensure optimum property presentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of this job which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties or requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be expected to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
1. Provides next-level guest service to internal and external guests. Demonstrates #AddLife culture in all interactions with guests and co-workers.
2. Hires, motivates, trains, coaches, mentors, and directs staff to ensure that Team Members receive leadership, guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives.
3. Responsible for creating and fostering an environment of support and motivation for Team Members.
4. Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction in assigning and instructing team in the details of their work.
5. Assists with establishing department standards, guidelines and objectives, and assists in maintaining other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of assigned areas.
6. Reviews activities in EVS and Maintenance to gauge and improve staffing levels, working conditions and other matters which influence quality guest service and profitability.
7. Manages utility expenses and leads initiatives to maintain lowest possible costs through improved operational efficiencies and deployment of new technologies
8. Establishes preventative maintenance programs and maintain service records. Supports construction and renovations.
9. Troubleshoots and repairs malfunctions in mechanical or electrical systems such as HVAC, plumbing, and other equipment throughout the property.
10. Supervises maintenance of the building exterior including curb appeal for snow removal, lawn care, painting, and other gardening.
11. Assigns, supervises, and verifies completion of routine maintenance and operation of physical structure of the casino, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment which contributes to the safe and effective operation of the facility. Visually inspects quality of work and assigns staff and supervises outside contractors in tasks according to performance and productivity standards.
12. Ensures operation is OSHA and Hazcom compliant; including maintenance of departmental MSD Sheets.
13. Reviews guest complaints/concerns and takes appropriate action.
14. Schedules Team Members to guarantee maximum productivity and guest satisfaction with a minimum outlay of expenses in terms of labor and material.
15. Plans and conducts Team Member meetings. Attends other related meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
16. Evaluates condition of furniture, fixtures, décor, etc., during continuous visual inspection of public areas. Makes recommendations and assists in the coordination and design of rehab projects.
17. Resolves problems that are within the position's scope of authority and recommends courses of action to resolve problems that are beyond the scope of authority to the position’s supervisor.
18. Keeps position supervisor informed of relevant activities.
19. Reviews the work activities of subordinate employees to ensure that work is being performed within the standards established by management.
20. Other duties as assigned.
Regulatory and Compliance Responsibilities: In addition to the other duties described herein, each Team Member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations.
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Company.
• Obtain and retain required license(s).
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the Team Member’s department.
• Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gaming.
• Report any acts of wrongdoing of which the Team Member may have knowledge.
Position Qualifications: High school diploma or GED certificate. Five years in engineering, facility management, janitorial services or a related area, with progressive supervisory/managerial experience is required. Must have an occupationally significant combination of vocational education, apprentice training, in-plant training and/or on-the-job training; equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Must have experience in some or all of the following: major mechanical systems, fire & life-safety equipment, grounds, parking, lighting systems, plumbing, kitchen equipment, electrical, controls and any other systems and equipment comprising the physical structure and appurtenant infrastructure. Working knowledge of Excel and Word required. Must be able to formulate and communicate ideas and to make independent decisions. Must be able to formulate and communicate ideas. Ability to work in an environment exposed to secondhand smoke, moderate to loud noise levels and varied light levels including flashing lights.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: Virginia Racing Commission License
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages subordinates who may supervise employees. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the unit(s).
A list of physical demands, equipment, & work environment demands can be reviewed in Human Resources. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Rosie's Gaming Emporium