CUT Restaurant by Wolfgang Puck in the Rosewood Hotel located in Georgetown, Washington DC
One of the most sought after steak restaurants in the world will reopen soon. CUT by Wolfgang Puck will offer sophisticated and modern design, refined service and the absolute finest selections of beef. The breakfast, lunch and dinner menus will reflect the unique spirit and sensibility of the Washington metropolitan area, with both the menu and design drawing inspiration from the surrounding Georgetown neighborhood.
CUT will feature two stunning bars: one guests will find upon entering the hotel lobby while the other sits atop the hotel on a magnificent deck overlooking the city. Both will serve custom artisan cocktails, wine, beer and an extensive food menu. An intimate 14-seat private dining space also will be available for special events, meetings and celebrations.
- Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
Set up work station with required mis en place, tools, equipment and supplies according to standards.
Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. Ensure everything complies with standards.
Check production schedule and pars.
Establish priority items for the day.
Inform the Chef(s) of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks.
Transport supplies from the storeroom and stock in designated areas.
Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the line and work stations; rectify any deficiencies. Maintain throughout the shift.
Start prep work and production of items needed for the day.
- Select, clean and prepare meat, seafood and vegetables.
- Prepare and produce Sauté, Grill & Sauce from the menu items for designated F&B outlets.
- Prepare all dishes following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
- Inform the Chef(s) of any shortages before the item runs out.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Kitchen Supervisor to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Inform Kitchen Supervisor of any excess items that can be used in daily specials or elsewhere.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and hotel requirements.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Disinfect and sanitize cutting boards and worktables.
- Transport empty, dirty pots and pans to the pot wash station.
- Direct and assist Stewards in order to make clean up a more efficient process.
- Breakdown work station and complete closing duties according to department standards:
Return all food items to the proper storage areas.
Rotate all returned product.
Wrap, cover, label and date all items being put away.
Straighten up and organize all storage areas.
Clean up and wipe down food prep areas, reach-ins/walk-ins, shelves.
Return all unused and clean utensils/equipment to the specified locations.
Turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift.
Restock items that were depleted during the shift.
Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Supervisor before leaving.
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
- Minimum six months experience as a Line Cook at a 4 or 5 star hotel or restaurant.
- Able to stand for long period s of time
- Able to lift, pull, and push a minimum of 35 lbs