Director of Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Rosenbauer we pride ourselves on providing top-of-the-line fire apparatus, created with state-of-the-art technology for more than 150 years because when lives are at stake anything less is unacceptable. As the world’s largest manufacturer of fire equipment, we make sure our vehicles, production teams, and service personnel are ready to do what is necessary to keep communities safe. If you have what it takes and want to be part of our always growing Rosenbauer family, we want to hear from you!
Under the guidance of the EVP Operations, the Director of Operations will be responsible for planning, directing, controlling, and coordinating plant manufacturing operations. The General Manager will provide leadership and develop leaders to create and implement plans to meet plant targets and objectives. The General Manager is directly responsible for production teams, facilities and maintenance, manufacturing engineering, EHS, and plant supply chain (procurement, warehouse, shipping/receiving, etc.). The General Manager will work with business partners and indirect teams to support overall strategic direction of the Company.
All employees are required to support Rosenbauer’s Mission, Vision, and Values. The following are the essential duties of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of a given position may change or be temporarily altered based on the business needs of Rosenbauer.
- Proactively leads efforts to continually manage and drive improvements in safety, product delivery, quality, productivity, cost, and Team Member engagement.
- Balances the day-to-day business needs while leading the organization toward long- term strategy and manufacturing excellence.
- Ensures physical capacity, trained staff, and material availability to support demands.
- Leads change management efforts, model effective change management principles.
- Actively participates as part of the Rosenbauer Operations team collaborating with General Managers from all global manufacturing teams to set direction and make strategic improvements supporting global operational goals.
- Oversees annual capital equipment plan to address production and facilities’ needs to drive increased productivity and support planned production goals.
- Successfully leads Plant Management Team; sets expectations and empowers managers to lead their teams and reaches plant goals through driving accountability within the team.
- Assists in planning the long-range direction of the plant by developing the production organization of the future and developing current and future leaders into a cohesive team.
- Drives a culture of engagement and inclusion.
- Communicates with all levels and functions of the Company.
- Communicates Company strategic plans, manufacturing plans, goals, and objectives with Team Members.
- Sustain the Quality management System with required departmental standards.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required by management to meet the needs of the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations or Business Management, or similar course of study; OR 7-10 years of increasingly responsible operations leadership in a low volume/high mix manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, or similar course of study.
- Six-Sigma or Lean Manufacturing Certified.
- 7-10 years of hands-on Operational Leadership in a low volume/high mix manufacturing environment.
- 10+ years of Operational Leadership in a low volume/high mix manufacturing environment.
- Practical industry and fire apparatus manufacturing experience.
- Analytical and highly motivated individual with acute attention to detail.
- Proficient in your ability to manage multiple and diverse projects, including analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, problem solving, decision making, and conducting assigned projects with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including empowerment, tact, and diplomacy, which would be utilized during customer service, conflict management, and development of relationships with internal and external contacts.
- A positive can-do attitude with the ability to work cohesively in a team environment using a hands-on, servant leadership style approach.
- Able to recognize the importance and adherence to all safety policies to promote a safe working environment.
- Must manage sensitive or confidential information with discretion.
- Understand the need to support the organization to work effectively by adhering to the attendance and punctuality standards and does not burden co-workers and supervisors unfairly with unnecessary and unplanned absences and lateness.
- Ability to read, reason and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply strategic and/or conceptual thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to perform intermediate PC functions including spreadsheet formulas and functions, queries, tables, merges, and special reports.
- Will perform some troubleshooting.
- Entry-Level to Intermediate experience and working knowledge of relevant computer software, i.e. MS Applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and general understanding of ERP systems.
- Responsibilities are guided by general company principles and objectives.
- There is broad latitude for making decisions with primary control over results that are reviewed at completion.
This position works in an office environment. It is a quiet environment that is temperature controlled, ventilated, and well-lit. Working Conditions will include a desk space where most of the shift will be spent, and it provides open space to work in. This office space is routinely cleaned by Rosenbauer Cleaning Services. It has access to all welfare facilities. This position requires traveling to different departments, so working conditions vary when out of the office. This can cause exposure to extreme cold or heat depending on the season. Working conditions may include humidity, wet floors, and loud noises. Most of the hazards come from machines but following proper procedures should minimize risk. There is also sometimes dust and airborne particles due to the machines being used in all of the different shops.
This position requires sitting and some walking and standing for the entire shift. Some tasks may require reaching. During shifts, the use of hands and figures may exceed 60 minutes, while the use of feet, knees, legs, back, shoulders, and arms may reach a max of 15 minutes. All positions require the ability to lift 50 pounds.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, local human rights commission activity, national origin, and veteran or disability status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Please specify which position you are seeking to apply for employment. Email Human Resources at email@example.com.
Rosenbauer South Dakota, LLC
Get fresh Pride Staff jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.