- This position is responsible for developing and managing the plant quality control environments in order to prevent internal failures; ensure plant compliance with company and regulatory standards including compliance to GFSI standards; proactively manage and mentor Quality Assurance personnel and act as the primary Quality authority in the facility.
- Demonstrate integrity, respect, teamwork, and equity in all aspects of the job including dealing with employees and customers. Ensure that the plant has adequate controls, programs, and organizational structure in place to comply with all regulations, customer and GFSI requirements.
- Implement adequate tests and procedures to provide statistically significant controls for the safe manufacture of products.
- Provide technical expertise to all departments in the area of training, continuous process improvement, and product development.
- Write, maintain, and ensure compliance with new product specifications.
- Develop and implement SOPs, plant policies, HACCP, GMPs, pest control, allergen control, QA documentation, and other food safety and quality elements required.
- Coordinate resolution of all quality management issues.
- This position will be the liaison between the processing facility and FSIS.
- Manage and direct the staff responsible for microbiological and other quality control testing.
- Directly manages employees in the QA department. Must communicate any employee issues directly to the Plant Manager and or Human Resources.
- This person will manage all aspect of third-party audits and upkeep of subsequent documentation
- Candidate has SQF Practitioner capabilities
- Candidate is HACCP trained and has higher level of knowledge in this area.
- Salary dependent on experience.
- Candidate must have B/S in Food Science, Meat Science, etc. Candidate must have 3 years in a Supervisory position. Experience and education may be combined to meet the criteria.
- SQF, HACCP, PCQI, Certification is a plus
Rose Meat Services
Why Work Here?Glen Rose Meat company has a fully integrated state of the art USDA processing facility offering a wide range of value added products and services. Our processing services are tailored to handle multi-unit retail and food service locations while also providing great products and services to one unit locations, small catering companies, and private party client. With our local delivery and our ability to efficiently produce quality custom orders, we have experienced exponential growth in servicing customers throughout our local area (Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Riverside, Imperial, Ventura counties) as well as customers in Arizona, Nevada, Washington, and Hawaii.
Great family-first environment where people come first!