Dispensary Assistant Store Manager
Rose Mary Jane Oakland, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for the supporting the Store Manager with the supervision of daily operations of the Rose Mary Jane store. The Assistant Store Manager’s primary goal is to ensure that Outstanding Customer Experiences are delivered while simultaneously ensuring their KPIs are met or exceeded. All work is performed in a manner that amplifies the Mission and Values of Rose Mary Jane and creates a uniquely exceptional customer experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This list is not all inclusive.
The Assistant Store Manager actively leads the day-to-day operations of the dispensary to ensure smooth and efficient Team performance and Outstanding Customer Experiences. Outstanding Customer Experiences are achieved through these three management pillars: Operations Management, Team Member Development, and Inventory Management.
The Assistant Store Manager effectively participates in the supervision of daily operations of their store when they:
- Assist with the management of all Team Members to ensure Outstanding Customer Experience are being provided in a safe and welcoming environment.
- Ensure register balances, daily closeouts, and daily deposit reconciliations are thorough and exact.
- Write and deliver store schedules are on-time, according to the Master Schedule, and ensure the schedules are adhered to.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the dispensary in accordance with Rose Mary Jane policies and best practices.
- Ensure the cleanliness, presentation and organization of the facility.
- Act as the Manager-on-Duty (MOD) in the absence of the Store Manager
- Achieve KPI goals specific to the role.
The Assistant Store Manager demonstrates leadership and develops effective teams when they:
- Model behaviors consistent with Rose Mary Jane’s Mission, Values, goals, and objectives.
- Resolve Team Member issues in a timely and respectful manner and escalate issues to the Store Manager, when appropriate.
- Support the Store Manager with Team Member development when they train, monitor, evaluate, coach and correct performance as needed.
- Assist the Store Manager with interviewing applicants, hiring, and on-boarding new hires, as needed.
- Ensure all Team Members complete assigned trainings in LMS.
- Communicate to the Store Manager opportunities for employee development and performance improvement.
The Assistant Store Manager effectively manages store inventory when they:
- Manage product on the floor to make sure it is displayed correctly, labeled accurately, filled-in, and well merchandised.
- Assist with managing the timely verification and receipt of all product deliveries.
- Ensure Team Members are performing all inventory and POS tasks accurately so that the integrity of physical and logical inventory is maintained.
- Provide feedback to the marketing and the Purchasing Manager to determine promotions, pricing, and purchases.
- Escalate product issues to the Purchasing Manager and Store Manager, as needed.
The Assistant Store Manager makes every decision in alignment with the RMJ Values when they:
- Demonstrate an awareness of their own world view and that different world views exist.
- Demonstrate respect for and openness to cultural differences.
- Demonstrate respect and a positive, caring attitude towards all customers and colleagues.
- Proactively seek ways to improve the experience of the customer and their own performance.
Performance Requirements: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Possess strong team development and supervisory skills
- Possess advanced knowledge about Cannabis products, methods of delivery and applications
- Be proficient with software and technology required of the role including the inventory management/POS, email systems, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a passion for cannabis and the mission of RMJ
- Adhere to the guidelines set in the Team Member Handbook, LMSTraining System, and follow all Company Policies and Procedures
- Be knowledgeable about and adhere to applicable state and local laws and regulations
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrate initiative to apply solutions
- Work is generally performed in a busy dispensary and requires frequent contact and interaction with Customers, Vendors, and Visitors.
- Hours and shifts worked per week are varied and include mornings, nights, afternoons, and weekends. Shifts vary depending on hours of operation and business needs.
- Ability to operate a computer, keyboard, iPad, receipt printer, and other point of sale equipment.
- Frequent reaching and grabbing.
- Frequent standing and moving for prolonged periods of time
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, using ladders, and moving up to 50 lbs.
Required Education and Experience
- 2 or more years of customer service experience in a retail business
- 1 or more years of supervisory experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 21+
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous experience as a sales associate/budtender
At Rose Mary Jane, we believe our workforce should be as diverse as the cannabis plant itself. We actively seek out people of different backgrounds and encourage all to apply. Your race, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, national origin, and any other protected characteristic that makes you uniquely you, are welcome here.
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you have been convicted or incarcerated for a non-violent cannabis related crime, we encourage you to apply!
Rose Mary JaneWhy Work Here?
Be on the ground floor of a purpose driven business providing meaningful work and opportunities for advancement.
Rose Mary Jane is a cannabis dispensary opening its flagship store in Oakland, CA, with three more Bay Area locations to come. We are a team of devoted social equity owners, experienced cannabis operators, community leaders, formerly incarcerated advocates, and experts at developing prime real estate locations. We are on a mission to normalize cannabis as a force for good by caring for people, plant, and planet, and are looking for like-minded people to join us. If you have been convicted or incarcerated for a non-violent cannabis related crime, we encourage you to apply!
RetailView all jobs at Rose Mary Jane