Cannabis Guide (Budtender) - Full Time and Part Time Available
Rose Mary Jane Oakland, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cannabis Guides are the first point of contact for customers and visitors and are responsible for delivering outstanding customer experiences. The primary responsibility of the Cannabis Guide is to assist customers with finding the right product to meet their needs while providing exceptional service. The Cannabis Guide is a reflection of our mission and purpose and all actions should represent the culture and values that differentiate us from our competitors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This list is not all inclusive.
Cannabis Guides are the primary point of contact for customers and visitors and are responsible for delivering outstanding customer experiences.
Cannabis Guides create an outstanding customer experience when they:
- Help customers understand and select specific products tailored to meet their needs.
- Listen carefully to customer needs, ask questions to know what products, alternatives, and/or suggestions are appropriate.
- Explain and promote the Brand, Mission, Purpose, and Values by using selling techniques that allow customers to shop confidently in-store and online.
- Achieve KPI results as directed by the Store Manager.
- Develop and maintain lasting and impactful professional relationships by making meaningful connections with customers.
Cannabis Guides ensure the efficient operations of their store and department when they:
- Effectively and accurately use the technology required for the position (POS, check-in system, loyalty program, scanners, etc.).
- Ensure accuracy of cash in till.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory in the POS and Metrc.
- Participate in maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the store.
Performance Requirements: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Be knowledgeable about Cannabis products, methods of delivery and applications.
- Be knowledgeable about and adhere to state and local Cannabis regulations in order to deliver Outstanding Customer Experiences.
- Seek out additional education to assist with product knowledge and recommendations.
- Demonstrate self-motivation, showing initiative and resourcefulness for individual projects.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, competitive, start-up working environment.
- Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and desire to continuously learn.
- Demonstrate organization and good time management skills.
- Demonstrate problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Work is generally performed in a busy dispensary and requires frequent contact and interaction with customers, vendors, and visitors.
- Hours and shifts worked per week are varied and include mornings, nights, afternoons, and weekends. Shifts vary depending on hours of operation and business needs.
- Ability to operate a computer, keyboard, iPad, receipt printer, and other point of sale equipment.
- Frequent moving, reaching, and grabbing.
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching and moving up to 20 lbs.
Required Education and Experience
- Experience in a high-volume customer service role for 1-2 years.
- Experience working in a team-oriented role for 1-2 years.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 21+ and possess a valid driver’s license or state ID.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working in the retail cannabis industry
At Rose Mary Jane, we believe our workforce should be as diverse as the cannabis plant itself. We actively seek out people of different backgrounds and encourage all to apply. Your race, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, national origin, and any other protected characteristic that makes you uniquely you, are welcome here.
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you have been convicted or incarcerated for a non-violent cannabis related crime, we encourage you to apply!
Rose Mary JaneWhy Work Here?
Be on the ground floor of a purpose driven business providing meaningful work and opportunities for advancement.
Rose Mary Jane is a cannabis dispensary opening its flagship store in Oakland, CA, with three more Bay Area locations to come. We are a team of devoted social equity owners, experienced cannabis operators, community leaders, formerly incarcerated advocates, and experts at developing prime real estate locations. We are on a mission to normalize cannabis as a force for good by caring for people, plant, and planet, and are looking for like-minded people to join us. If you have been convicted or incarcerated for a non-violent cannabis related crime, we encourage you to apply!
TourismView all jobs at Rose Mary Jane