- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical,
A Tier 1 supplier to the Truck and Bus industry is seeking a team-oriented Quality Engineer with a focus on mechanical components to support our customer-centric quality objectives. This includes monitoring and controlling internal and external quality metrics and demonstration of a key skill set that includes effective problem-solving techniques, timely complaint resolution and metric reporting.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY
This individual will report to the Senior Quality Manager. The individual will work within a team to ensure product conformance and elimination of defects via problem solving methodologies including design of experiments and verification of test results. The individual will be skilled in the PPAP process, vendor certification and will be able to demonstrate year to year improvement in PPM performance and provide Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action in support of the ‘Zero Defects’ company goal.
- Perform testing of mechanical components to verify product conformance to customer standards and requirements and industry standards.
- Perform corrective action resolutions in accordance to the 8D problem solving methodology.
- Review Mechanical Engineering drawings and specifications and request changes to improve product performance.
- Oversee Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) for mechanical parts
- Analyze and track product returns for defects and issue Supplier Corrective Actions as necessary
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs, monitor scrap and rework and input data into quality database which is used for ISO 9001 Management Review presentations and monthly quality reports to upper management.
- Assist on-going Quality department initiative of updating ISO 9001 production related procedures, work instructions and process flow maps and initiatives to achieve IATF 16949 certification.
- Create non-conformance and corrective action reports for products found to be out of specification or defective.
- Actively participate in new product development and new supplier integration.
- Collaborate with Product Engineering to develop test plans, process controls and recommended actions as a result of FMEAs.
- Assist in APQP process for suppliers as well as customers
- Lead on the PPAP submission to the customers and assist SQE to review PPAP submission by suppliers.
- Operate and maintain lab equipment by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience working for a Quality Department in an ISO or IATF environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field, preferably in Engineering
- Experience working with an ERP system preferred
- Experience with automotive core quality tools including APQP, PPAP, AAR, FAI, FMEA, SPC, SREA, DVP&R, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, datasheets and material certifications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with manufacturing of Metal, Plastics and Electronics for automotive usage preferred
- Professionalism in dealing with customers and vendors at all levels of an organization.
- Committed to a hands-on approach to problem solving techniques.
- Must be proficient in computer software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Minitab, ERP, etc.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the position, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of the work required inherent to the position. Salary is commensurate with experience; (Health, Dental, 401K, plus) (Equal Opportunity Employer
Rosco Vision SystemsWhy Work Here?
A 115+ Year Old STABLE & GROWING Manufacturing and Technology Company Where Lifelong Career Opportunities are Available
Rosco Vision Systems, based in Queens, New York, is one of North America's leading suppliers of vision safety products for vehicles including mirrors, sun visors, camera systems, sensors, video recording, collision avoidance, and driver behavior monitoring systems. Our sales people are application experts in mirror and safety products application for OEM and major fleet applications.
90-21 144th PlaceJamaica, NY
ManufacturingView all jobs at Rosco Vision Systems