- $55,000 to $65,000 Yearly
Main purpose: The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly financial account analysis and reconciliations, calculating, and preparing fixed asset schedules, Sales and Use tax and inter-company analysis. Preparing journal entries, analyze and process bank reconciliations, assist in month end close, year-end close and audits as required in timely and efficient manner. The candidate will report directly to the Senior Staff Accountant and will interact with finance team, all levels of management as well as customers and vendors as needed.
· Compile and analyze financial information to prepare and record entries to general ledger accounts to document business transactions.
· Maintain financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, assist in preparation of balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for management review.
· Determine the proper handling of financial transactions and approve transactions within designated limits.
· Review, investigate and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports.
· Assist in month end close, year end and Audits
· Perform statistical analyses to determine trends, estimate, significant changes, and explain findings for balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
· Work with Finance Team on ad-hoc projects.
· Efficient, effective, and disciplined time management skills
· Analytical: collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
· Problem solving identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solution.
· Dependable: follows instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility
· Can do attitude and calm under pressure.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness: analytical ability.
· Completes work in a timely manner, with little supervision.
· Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
Education and Experience
· BA or BS in Accounting Required with 1-3 years of work experience.
· Proficient in relevant computer software packages related to accounting, spreadsheets, and word processing.
Founded in 1910, Rosco is the premier expendables, equipment, and product manufacturer for theatre, film, television and architectural
environments. Rosco's products have won numerous awards including five Academy Awards, 3 Emmy Awards and dozens of
industry commendations for excellence. For more information about Rosco visit www.rosco.com
"Rosco leads with innovative solutions allowing creative people to achieve their vision while creating a compelling culture and sustainable growth" Founded in 1910, Rosco is the premier expendables, equipment, and product manufacturer for theatre, film, television and architectural environments. Rosco's products have won numerous awards including five Academy Awards, 3 Emmy Awards and dozens of industry commendations for excellence. For more information about Rosco visit www.rosco.com
Rosco, Inc.Stamford, CT
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.