- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is responsible for preparing, cakes, pastries, ice creams, doughs and pizza doughs created by the culinary team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Management reserves the right to change duties with or without notice.
§ Understands the culture within Rosa Ristorante and the importance of portraying our service as neighborhood friendly.
- Responsible for knowing all health and safety procedures.
- Follow a given recipe and quality standard and prepare various food items, including pastries, doughs and ice cream for cooking using different methods and kitchen equipment such as oven, broilers, fryers and grills.
- Stock and manage assigned food station(s) and ensure quality of food served.
- Physically inspect and see all food sent from the kitchen and make requisitions for food items and supplies that are needed.
- Understand and adhere to company’s policies and processes, cooking methods, standard portion sizes, and kitchen rules and quality standards.
- Ensure sufficient amount of food products are stocked and maintained at line stations to facilitate hitch-free service period.
- Ensure food products are portioned before cooking by following standard portion sizes and recipe that have been specified.
- Ensure work station area, including shelves, tables, grills fryers, pasta, broilers, cookers convection oven, sauté burners, refrigeration equipment, and flat top range are kept cleaned and sanitized always following safety and sanitation policies and processes of the company.
- Keep to proper garnish set up and plate presentation for every dish.
- Keep food servers informed of ticket times, and attend to orders from guests promptly and efficiently and with a friendly attitude.
- Properly store, rotate, and manage all food products following local, state, federal, and company guidelines and procedures.
- Help out in food prep tasks during off-peak periods when needed.
- Ensure proper closure of kitchen by following kitchen stations’ closing checklist; also, help others to close the kitchen.
- Participate in and make suggestions for improvement at employee meetings.
- Carry out other duties assigned by the manager on duty or the kitchen manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
§ Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
§ Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
§ Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
§ Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
§ Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
§ Two (2) years previous experience in a high-end or gaming environment cooking and preparing food.
- Culinary school trained or experience under other sous chefs with the right combination of knowledge and experience.
- Current knowledge of regional and national trends in food and beverage.
- Good knowledge of all food preparation techniques and styles.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing
§ priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
§ Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
§ Required to keep current TAM card and HEALTH card, along with all other relevant documents according to Federal and State law.
§ Ability to work in a fast paced environment, while be personable, energetic, and handle pressure well.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively in front of groups of customers and/or with employees in the restaurant.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Point of Sale (POS) software systems, Internet Software; and Electronic Mail Software (emails).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, lift food, glassware, trays, plates from ten (10) to thirty (30) pounds, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk for a period of an eight (8) hour shift. Vision abilities required, include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is often moderate, but can get loud.
3145 St Rose PkwyHenderson, NV
Get fresh Pastry Cook II jobs daily straight to your inbox!