Position: Shipping & Receiving Supervisor
The shipping & Receiving Supervisor manages all shipping and Receiving functions, including personnel. Coordinates material deliveries to production departments in a timely and efficient manner. Supports management team in the monitoring of inventory levels of purchased materials to ensure schedules are met.
· Manage all functions of Shipping and Receiving, including personnel, to ensure timely receipt and shipping of all Inbound and Outbound freight.
· Review the customer service orders daily to plan weekly and daily shipment plans. Maintain the weekly shipping plan and update as needed.
· Coordinate with the finance and customer service department daily to review which orders are cleared for shipment by the credit committee.
· When orders are completed and ready to ship, produce pro-forma packing slips to ensure material is shipped as quickly as possible.
· Negotiate with brokers and carriers for the best freight rates while maintaining quality of service and on time deliveries.
· Be in contact with customers proactively to let them know when orders can ship and to resolve and issues that could arise.
· Group orders as applicable to reduce overall freight cost allocation.
· Communicate with sales department to provide updates for orders shipped daily.
· Resolve shipping and logistical issues on a daily basis.
· Schedule and Coordinate Outbound schedules daily
· File the shipping documents daily and make sure spreadsheets are updated to reflect material on hand ready to ship.
· Coordinate Inbound schedules with Logistics for efficient deliveries.
· Manage pull orders and coordinate with material handlers to insure shipped in a timely manner.
· Establish FedEx/UPS station for outbound shipments
SUGGESTED LEVEL OF FORMALIZED TRAINING:
· Desirable education related with business administration, commerce, logistics or similar
· At least two years’ experience in a logistic position.
· Proficient with MS office and ERP systems.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILL REQUIREMENT:
- Positive attitude and must get along well with others
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing facilities, materials, Quality practices and products.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, facilitation, and problem-solving skills.
- Certified Forklift license would be a plus.
- Strong bookkeeping and record keeping skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills.
- Resourceful and able to take initiative in a dynamic environment.
- Communicate effectively and write legibly.
Supervisory responsibilities: yes
Work Environment: Inside, open office setting with related team members
Physical demands: Lifting up to 25lbs., standing, bending, or other physical strains; Time will be spent on the floor and in the office overseeing work responsibilities.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: Full-Time, Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
Travel: No travel required for position, but travel opportunities may be available in some cases
Pay is based on experience.
Why Work Here?
Excellent opportunity to join this company and learn an excellent skill; stable work environment and great work hours!