Roper Staffing is hiring for a Driver in the Summerville area. This is a direct hire on to the company.
Time Commitment: Must have open availability Monday-Saturday and be able to work 40 hours a week.
Duties and Tasks
● Responsible for the safe and effective pick-up and transport of donations.
● Load, secure and unload donations and/or merchandise.
● Adhere to driving, truck and warehouse safety standards, and communicate and train other staff members and volunteers in these practices.
● Screen merchandise offered for donation for compliance with acceptance standards and effectively communicate exceptions.
● Organize pick-ups by locations/areas for efficiency and punctuality.
● Distribute donation receipts, information and/or marketing materials.
● Assist in keeping vehicle(s) well maintained and clean, minor repairs as needed.
● Ability to move inventory merchandise with forklift equipment.
● Maintain loading areas in a clean, efficient and workable condition.
● Assist in maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the store.
● Clean, sort, price and stock merchandise.
● Assist in the preparation and display of merchandise.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
● Familiarity with driving patterns in Dorchester County, South Carolina.
● Valid South Carolina State Drivers License.
● Good driving record. Must provide a complete DMV/MVR 10 year driving record.
● Clear SLED and FBI Check.
● Clean drug test.
● Excellent ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
● Ability to read and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, diagram or schedule form.
● Excellent interpersonal abilities and skills.
● Exhibit reasonable mechanical aptitude about equipment and vehicles.
● Able to safely lift (and position) at least fifty (50) pounds, stand, squat, bend and climb in and out of a truck on a frequent basis.
● Knowledge of furniture moving techniques.
● Dependable, motivated and good problem-solving skills.
● Gets the job done on time.
● Works well under pressure.
● Punctual and reliable.
● Excellent customer service skills, friendly and outgoing personality with the ability to relate well to a variety of people.
● Twenty-one years or older.
● Ability to solve practical problems.
● Frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
● The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
● Regularly required to talk and/or hear.
● Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle and/or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; and crawl.
● Specific vision abilities required by this job are close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
● Regularly required to climb stairs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.