Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the outreach worker performs a variety of support tasks and services.
· Acts as liaison with community residents and keeps professional staff informed of current community situations
· Learns agency’s programs and available community resources in order to acquaint community residents with existing departmental programs
· Makes appointments and keeps records
· Gathers data and prepares reports
· Arranges transportation or drives clients to agency sponsored and other activities
· May act as interpreter in contacts involving non-English speaking residents
· Attends appropriate staff and in-service meetings
· Attends training sessions when assigned
· Provides assistance and support services to community residents and professional staff either in the field or clinic
· Acts as liaison with community residents
· May counsel clients/patients regarding personal problems and explain to them available community resources
· Confers with professional staff to assist in evaluating client needs or problems
· Locates clients in the community who need the services of the department
· Performs other related duties as required.
· Problems, needs, attitudes, and behavior patterns of community residents
· Available community resources
· Basic record keeping
· Understand and follow written and oral directions
· Record and maintain simple records
· Read and write English;
Do you care deeply about making a difference in our community? Roots is a great place to call home! We are a young, growing organization with a very strong, experienced and dedicated team. We believe in continuous learning and training for our staff and provide a supportive environment in which to grow. Please submit a cover letter specific to the position posted and a current CV/Resume to email@example.com.
Roots Community Health Center
Why Work Here?The mission of Roots Community Health Center is to uplift those impacted by systematic inequities and poverty by providing culturally competent, comprehensive healthcare, mental health, and wraparound services, and by emphasizing self-sufficiency and community empowerment. Roots Community Health Center accomplishes its mission by providing top-quality healthcare, conducting community-based participatory research, and offering opportunities for rehabilitation, education, training, and employment to reduce poverty and dependency in our community. Roots implements its programs and services while honoring the “roots” of culture, heritage, and tradition; by providing unprecedented access to services; by remaining community-aware and community-responsive; and by establishing partnerships to ensure a more efficient continuum of care in Oakland. Do you care deeply about making a difference in our community? Roots is a great place to call home! We are a young, growing organization with a very strong, experienced and dedicated team. We believe in continuous learning and training for our staff and provide a supportive environment in which to grow. Please submit a cover letter specific to the position posted and a current CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great opportunity to help the community, friendly people to work with and room for growth.