Mental Health Clinician
Roots Community Health Center Oakland, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision
Roots Community Health Center is seeking to fill two open positions for a California Licensed Mental Health Clinician: one at our main campus in East Oakland, and the other at our San Jose primary care site.
Oakland: The Licensed Clinician will supervise Health Navigators (community health outreach workers), each having a panel of formerly incarcerated African American clients with mild to moderate or moderate to severe behavioral conditions. The LCSW will also see Roots Community Health Center clients individually and in the group setting.
San Jose: The Licensed Clinician will coordinate Roots' complex case management programs for our Family 1st (families with children prenatal to 5 y.o.) and Whole Person Care (multiple physical and/or behavioral diagnoses) Programs. This role will support and participate with teams of para-professional and medical staff, each with a panel of complex patients and families. Coordinate services between medical providers, specialists, and non-medical staff as necessary to meet the complete medical socio-economic needs of clients.
- Works with Navigators to advocate for and help clients to gain access to resources while confronting their personal issues, such as mental illness, addiction, and abuse.
- Participates in weekly huddles to assess needs, coordinate services, develop complex care plans, and follow-up on client progress.
- Provides social work services to patients/clients and/or their families with complex bio-psycho-social adjustment issues.
- Develops with patients/clients and/or families appropriate intervention plans based on careful assessment of bio-psycho-social factors in the situation.
- Provides social work intervention and services to individual patients/clients who are coping with temporary or permanent disability, critical illness or terminal illness; works with Navigators to assist patient/client and/or family on the implementation of these plans with independence and initiative.
- Works collaboratively with health care staff in the multifaceted management of bio-psycho-social needs and issues; Interprets relevant factors to other members of the care team
- Provides therapeutic services to African American individuals who are formerly incarcerated or have criminal justice involvement.
- Provides information to community upon request about resources and services available through the Roots Community Health Center.
- Mental Health Clinician licensed in the State of California
- Knowledge and experience with evidence-based practices, including trauma informed care framework.
- Knowledge and experience working with communities of color that are experiencing co-occurring issues, such as multiple chronic health conditions, mental/behavioral health and substance addiction
- Interest and experience in working with the entire spectrum of mild-moderate and moderate-severe behavioral conditions, as well as working with formerly incarcerated and unsheltered individuals.
Do you care deeply about making a difference in our community? Roots is a great place to call home! We are a young, growing organization with a very strong, experienced and dedicated team. We believe in continuous learning and training for our staff and provide a supportive environment in which to grow. Please submit a cover letter specific to the position posted and a current CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roots Community Health CenterWhy Work Here?
Great opportunity to help the community, friendly people to work with and room for growth.
The mission of Roots Community Health Center is to uplift those impacted by systematic inequities and poverty by providing culturally competent, comprehensive healthcare, mental health, and wraparound services, and by emphasizing self-sufficiency and community empowerment. Roots Community Health Center accomplishes its mission by providing top-quality healthcare, conducting community-based participatory research, and offering opportunities for rehabilitation, education, training, and employment to reduce poverty and dependency in our community. Roots implements its programs and services while honoring the “roots” of culture, heritage, and tradition; by providing unprecedented access to services; by remaining community-aware and community-responsive; and by establishing partnerships to ensure a more efficient continuum of care in Oakland. Do you care deeply about making a difference in our community? Roots is a great place to call home! We are a young, growing organization with a very strong, experienced and dedicated team. We believe in continuous learning and training for our staff and provide a supportive environment in which to grow. Please submit a cover letter specific to the position posted and a current CV/Resume to email@example.com.
9925 International Dr. Ste. 5Oakland, CA